Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Disappointed and taking child out of daycare

Posted by   + Show Post

Hey mommas!! I posted something last night about my toddler who was excluded from his daycare party. I saw some pictures show up on my newsfeed that one of the parents and our daycare was tagged in saying Daycare social 2013!! He goes to an inhome daycare and she didnt invite us or mention it to us. She has invited us every other time and we have been with her for almost 4 years cause I have an older son. So even us going only one day a week is no reason to not invite us. She even went out of her way to block us from her status that reminded the daycare families about the party. I am pulling him out cause I think it is very unprofessional how she excluded our son and our family but invited the other families. If your a daycare owner and throw a daycare party you invite all or dont have it period. Here is my letter to her.

I am writing you this because I saw that you had a daycare social 2013 and for whatever reason you did not invite us or even mention anything to us about this. I found out through seeing on my facebook the tagged pictures of it. I am not sure why you would not invite Carter and our family to this party but yet you invited every other family and went out of your way to block us from your postings about it. This was very hurtful to our family. I don’t why you excluded us but we have been with you for almost 4 years and was welcome to every other daycare gathering. We find this unprofessional and are very disappointed. Carter will no longer be coming to your daycare. If you go out of your way to exclude us, we do not feel very welcomed.

Would you guys do the same? Or am I over reacting?

by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:32 AM
Replies (21-30):
amanda81919
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 10:30 AM
Actually my dd is in preschool 2X a week, one other kid on her days, the 3x a week class has 10 kids, and when they have the social, we and the other kids parents aren't invited. Am I getting all bent out of shape over it. Hell no. Its a gathering. What do I do, I take my dd and my son after he gets out of prek, to chuckecheese or pizza hut. Or the park or go home and do something fun instead of dwelling over something so stupid.

Quoting Caitlinmari:

She invited us to every other daycare event. and there is no miscommunication when she went out of her way to hide her status update about the party from us. Also she doesnt have that many kids if she invites all the others and my son is the only one that goes one day a week will it hurt her that much to include him in a daycare social. If your child is in a classroom and the teacher had a classroom party and invited all the kids except yours and then hid posts and information about it from you how would you feel?  if it was a birthday party etc. I wouldnt care. Also when her daycare was investigated last year and was shut down because a child was abused at home and was in her care within 12 hours of goin to the ER. she was quick to ask our family to write a letter for her. But when she has a daycare event she is quick to not include our child. Not cool.

Quoting amanda81919:

Well honestly, I'm going to be the bitch. I wouldn't have invited a family that was only there one day a week. I would have only invited the kids 3+ days a week. But whatever. I do think you are way overreacting. It was a party, not an abuse of your child. You are taking it way too personal. It could have been a simple miscomunication. But do what you feel is right.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Caitlinmari
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 10:42 AM

Quoting amanda81919:

Actually my dd is in preschool 2X a week, one other kid on her days, the 3x a week class has 10 kids, and when they have the social, we and the other kids parents aren't invited. Am I getting all bent out of shape over it. Hell no. Its a gathering. What do I do, I take my dd and my son after he gets out of prek, to chuckecheese or pizza hut. Or the park or go home and do something fun instead of dwelling over something so stupid.

Quoting Caitlinmari:

She invited us to every other daycare event. and there is no miscommunication when she went out of her way to hide her status update about the party from us. Also she doesnt have that many kids if she invites all the others and my son is the only one that goes one day a week will it hurt her that much to include him in a daycare social. If your child is in a classroom and the teacher had a classroom party and invited all the kids except yours and then hid posts and information about it from you how would you feel?  if it was a birthday party etc. I wouldnt care. Also when her daycare was investigated last year and was shut down because a child was abused at home and was in her care within 12 hours of goin to the ER. she was quick to ask our family to write a letter for her. But when she has a daycare event she is quick to not include our child. Not cool.

Quoting amanda81919:

Well honestly, I'm going to be the bitch. I wouldn't have invited a family that was only there one day a week. I would have only invited the kids 3+ days a week. But whatever. I do think you are way overreacting. It was a party, not an abuse of your child. You are taking it way too personal. It could have been a simple miscomunication. But do what you feel is right.

Well shes never included you guys and you guys know about it. She included us every other time and this time she didnt and went out of her way to hide it from us.

amanda81919
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 10:52 AM
2 moms liked this
Well since your not going to let it go, why not also sue her for emotional damage, over being excluded from One social. Yep that'll teach her from not letting you know and excluding your one day a week family. Just let it go, bc you're starting to sound like a whiny bitch. Not that you are, you're just starting to sound like it. I don't know you, and you're probably an awesome person. But you're letting this one thing make you look terrible.

Quoting Caitlinmari:

Quoting amanda81919:

Quoting Caitlinmari:

Quoting amanda81919:

Well shes never included you guys and you guys know about it. She included us every other time and this time she didnt and went out of her way to hide it from us.

January1964
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 11:21 AM

Bump for update

Bleacheddecay
by Silver Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 11:26 AM

I don't trust in home day care generally.

I would have lost trust if this happened to us, had I somehow built it in the first place.

I think your letter sounds reasonable and not whiny.

I would absolutely pull my child.

beadingmom17
by Bronze Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 11:30 AM
Same here

Quoting January1964:

I would be interested to hear the response.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
emilyelephant
by Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 11:30 AM

I would have pulled my dd out. Like someone else said, it's trust, and you don't know if this woman is excluding your child from activities while he is in her care.  I have been going with my friend to look at in home daycares, and one woman told us she's trying to get rid of one of the children because her mother only brings her once a week.  It was unprofessional to me and made her look bad, especially since I was looking as well with the plan of taking her only one day a week.  I definitely wouldn't have taken a child back to her after she was shut down once...

Now that you've taken him out though, don't hold onto it, just move on, it's not worth getting worked up over.

thatgirl70
by Carin on Feb. 19, 2013 at 11:56 AM
I would pull too, there would be too much of a trust issue for me.

I personally never had good experience with in-home sitters to be honest.
brittany208
by Bronze Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 12:31 PM

I probably would talk to the teacher before I wrote an official letter, just to see if there was perhaps some reason she had that you don't know about. But then, yeah, I'd pull him if she didnt have a very good reason. Especially since grandma could watch him for free. I would never have a daycare party and not invite all the kids, unless I was only inviting a kid or two for a personal party.

erinsmom1964
by Gold Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 12:58 PM
2 moms liked this

LOL so when everyone in the other group tells you you are overreacting and you should talk to her you come to a different group hoping for a different response?  How many hours of your life have you wasted speculating and working yourself into a frenzy and never even spoke to the woman. i mean you had her on the phone this morning and STILL DIDNT SPEAK TO HER....OMFG

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured