Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Disappointed and taking child out of daycare

Posted by   + Show Post

Hey mommas!! I posted something last night about my toddler who was excluded from his daycare party. I saw some pictures show up on my newsfeed that one of the parents and our daycare was tagged in saying Daycare social 2013!! He goes to an inhome daycare and she didnt invite us or mention it to us. She has invited us every other time and we have been with her for almost 4 years cause I have an older son. So even us going only one day a week is no reason to not invite us. She even went out of her way to block us from her status that reminded the daycare families about the party. I am pulling him out cause I think it is very unprofessional how she excluded our son and our family but invited the other families. If your a daycare owner and throw a daycare party you invite all or dont have it period. Here is my letter to her.

I am writing you this because I saw that you had a daycare social 2013 and for whatever reason you did not invite us or even mention anything to us about this. I found out through seeing on my facebook the tagged pictures of it. I am not sure why you would not invite Carter and our family to this party but yet you invited every other family and went out of your way to block us from your postings about it. This was very hurtful to our family. I don’t why you excluded us but we have been with you for almost 4 years and was welcome to every other daycare gathering. We find this unprofessional and are very disappointed. Carter will no longer be coming to your daycare. If you go out of your way to exclude us, we do not feel very welcomed.

Would you guys do the same? Or am I over reacting?

by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:32 AM
Replies (31-40):
Mom2Just1
by Mom2boys on Feb. 19, 2013 at 1:05 PM
1 mom liked this

I am not seeing the big deal. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

MicheleJM
by Bronze Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 1:10 PM
1 mom liked this
This. Maybe it was an oversight. Idk...ask first.

Quoting Raeann11:

I would first talk to her. How do you know she blocked you from all the stuff on Facebook? Because there could have been so sort of mix up or something else.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Caitlinmari
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 1:12 PM

Your an idiot. i posted asking 2 different things about the situation. The first was stating that he was excluded and more of a vent. This one was that I know for a fact she was hiding it from me and I asked about the letter I wrote. I am hardly ever on this fricken thing and came to see what other moms say Im only in 3 different groups and never pay attention to where I post. And some say im overreacting and some said they would pull their kid out. I am not all in a frenzy this is the INTERNET how can you tell if I am all worked up. I am just stating what I know and see and how things have been.  so if you can get off my post if you are going to be rude. MAybe you shouldnt be all up in a frenzy about what I do and go somewhere else!

Quoting erinsmom1964:

LOL so when everyone in the other group tells you you are overreacting and you should talk to her you come to a different group hoping for a different response?  How many hours of your life have you wasted speculating and working yourself into a frenzy and never even spoke to the woman. i mean you had her on the phone this morning and STILL DIDNT SPEAK TO HER....OMFG

erinsmom1964
by Gold Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 1:17 PM

Oh now name calling.. NICE  LOL  You ASKED a question  PUBLIC FORUM.  I wouldn't of given it a second thought but you choose to attack me when another poster and I  where having a convo about how WE would of just picked up the phone.  

BTW its really easy don't quote someone and they won't feel the need to respond to your tirades....just sayin

Quoting Caitlinmari:

Your an idiot. i posted asking 2 different things about the situation. The first was stating that he was excluded and more of a vent. This one was that I know for a fact she was hiding it from me and I asked about the letter I wrote. I am hardly ever on this fricken thing and came to see what other moms say Im only in 3 different groups and never pay attention to where I post. And some say im overreacting and some said they would pull their kid out. I am not all in a frenzy this is the INTERNET how can you tell if I am all worked up. I am just stating what I know and see and how things have been.  so if you can get off my post if you are going to be rude. MAybe you shouldnt be all up in a frenzy about what I do and go somewhere else!

Quoting erinsmom1964:

LOL so when everyone in the other group tells you you are overreacting and you should talk to her you come to a different group hoping for a different response?  How many hours of your life have you wasted speculating and working yourself into a frenzy and never even spoke to the woman. i mean you had her on the phone this morning and STILL DIDNT SPEAK TO HER....OMFG

Caitlinmari
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 1:22 PM

I dont care if people disagree or say I am overreacting but when someone is negatively posting on my here that is not going to fly. You want to complain how I post in 2 different groups when I really pay no attention and the way you put things like YOU HAD HER ON THE PHONE ALREADY OMFG!! and saying I spent hours speculating. When in reality I havent I have other htings going on like taking my oldest to school, housework, homework etc. My time isnt spent freaking out every minute about it.

Quoting erinsmom1964:

Oh now name calling.. NICE  LOL  You ASKED a question  PUBLIC FORUM.  I wouldn't of given it a second thought but you choose to attack me when another poster and I  where having a convo about how WE would of just picked up the phone.  

Quoting Caitlinmari:

Quoting erinsmom1964:

erinsmom1964
by Gold Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 1:24 PM

I am one of MANY who have said the exact same thing to you but you choose to attack ME.  I simply was agreeing with another poster and you came at me.  I responded to your attack and you just keep going and going and going .....

Quoting Caitlinmari:

I dont care if people disagree or say I am overreacting but when someone is negatively posting on my here that is not going to fly. You want to complain how I post in 2 different groups when I really pay no attention and the way you put things like YOU HAD HER ON THE PHONE ALREADY OMFG!! and saying I spent hours speculating. When in reality I havent I have other htings going on like taking my oldest to school, housework, homework etc. My time isnt spent freaking out every minute about it.

Quoting erinsmom1964:

Quoting Caitlinmari:

Quoting erinsmom1964:

Caitlinmari
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 1:39 PM

I didnt attack you I just quoted you cause you were the last one that posted in the conversation and I said I am going to talk to her but I have to get all my information and make a deicision. i also had other things going on. All I said is I just came on here to get opinions. How is that attacking you?? Then you had to whine about how I had 2 posts and start getting rude.

Quoting erinsmom1964:

I am one of MANY who have said the exact same thing to you but you choose to attack ME.  I simply was agreeing with another poster and you came at me.  I responded to your attack and you just keep going and going and going .....

Quoting Caitlinmari:

Quoting erinsmom1964:

Quoting Caitlinmari:

Quoting erinsmom1964:

erinsmom1964
by Gold Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 1:39 PM
1 mom liked this

and going...............and going................and going.........and going..............

Quoting Caitlinmari:

I didnt attack you I just quoted you cause you were the last one that posted in the conversation and I said I am going to talk to her but I have to get all my information and make a deicision. i also had other things going on. All I said is I just came on here to get opinions. How is that attacking you?? Then you had to whine about how I had 2 posts and start getting rude.

Quoting erinsmom1964:

Quoting Caitlinmari:

Quoting erinsmom1964:

Quoting Caitlinmari:

Quoting erinsmom1964:

Caitlinmari
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 1:47 PM

Back at ya ;) 

Quoting erinsmom1964:

and going...............and going................and going.........and going..............

Quoting Caitlinmari:

Quoting erinsmom1964:

Quoting Caitlinmari:

Quoting erinsmom1964:

Quoting Caitlinmari:

Quoting erinsmom1964:

Basherte
by Bronze Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 7:47 AM

I would reword the message a bit, but I would do the same thing. It is just a party, on one hand. You are right, though, that it shows that she is unprofessional. No matter if the daycare is in her home or a different building, she is running a business. 

wedding countdown

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN