Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Disappointed and taking child out of daycare

Posted by   + Show Post

Hey mommas!! I posted something last night about my toddler who was excluded from his daycare party. I saw some pictures show up on my newsfeed that one of the parents and our daycare was tagged in saying Daycare social 2013!! He goes to an inhome daycare and she didnt invite us or mention it to us. She has invited us every other time and we have been with her for almost 4 years cause I have an older son. So even us going only one day a week is no reason to not invite us. She even went out of her way to block us from her status that reminded the daycare families about the party. I am pulling him out cause I think it is very unprofessional how she excluded our son and our family but invited the other families. If your a daycare owner and throw a daycare party you invite all or dont have it period. Here is my letter to her.

I am writing you this because I saw that you had a daycare social 2013 and for whatever reason you did not invite us or even mention anything to us about this. I found out through seeing on my facebook the tagged pictures of it. I am not sure why you would not invite Carter and our family to this party but yet you invited every other family and went out of your way to block us from your postings about it. This was very hurtful to our family. I don’t why you excluded us but we have been with you for almost 4 years and was welcome to every other daycare gathering. We find this unprofessional and are very disappointed. Carter will no longer be coming to your daycare. If you go out of your way to exclude us, we do not feel very welcomed.

Would you guys do the same? Or am I over reacting?

by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:32 AM
Replies (41-50):
LyTe684
by Silver Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 7:51 AM
2 moms liked this

She's providing a service, right? Does she provide that service well? Who she chooses to invite to her parties are her own personal business.

You are overreacting.

LilliesValley
by Bronze Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 7:53 AM
I'd want her response before pulling him out. It sounds very intentional and rude but maybe she has a good reason. Maybe not, but I'd still be curious. Maybe there were other families that only attention one day a week and they didn't attention either. It doesn't seem right but maybe it was for her full time families. Not a great business move, but understandable since this is the majority of her business. Keep us updated with what she says.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LyTe684
by Silver Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 7:54 AM

Uh oh. LOL

Quoting erinsmom1964:

LOL so when everyone in the other group tells you you are overreacting and you should talk to her you come to a different group hoping for a different response?  How many hours of your life have you wasted speculating and working yourself into a frenzy and never even spoke to the woman. i mean you had her on the phone this morning and STILL DIDNT SPEAK TO HER....OMFG

-PB
by Gold Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:06 AM

I would be annoyed with that too but I wouldn't sent that letter.  I would probably pull my child out though.  Honestly, I'd probably just send her an email telling her I no longer needed her to watch him and leave it at that.

rbailey2414
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:08 AM
I dont know- I guess before flipping out I would talk and see what happened.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PinkButterfly66
by Bronze Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:18 AM

Was the party on one of the days your child was not there?  I would ask her first why he wasn't invited and then decide whether to pull him out or not.

03amanda
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:33 AM

I wouldn't give her a reason why you pulling him out of her daycare I would just say your son is not be attending here daycare anymore, you don't want her be happy because the party thing sheprobely did that to push you out  

emmy526
by Silver Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:51 AM

if she is pulling that  behind your back, i'd wonder what else she is pulling as well...i agree, take himi outta there, you can't trust her....if she had a good reason, she would have let you know before hand what's going on, not try to hide it

MtBecky
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:57 AM

Okay, I haven't gone through and read all the notes...but as a Daycare Provider....  I think you are totally overreacting!  It sounds to me like you are just a part timer anyway (or maybe I just read into it wrong) but if the party was on a day your child doesn't usually attend, then it is perfectly reasonable that your child would not be invited.  It is expensive throwing parties.  I know.  I usually go all out but there are times that I don't invite the ones that wouldn't normally be there because it is expensive and from past experience a lot of the parents are simply not appreciative.  I do it for the kids though that are there that day.  And how old is your child?  Some of the really young ones don't even know it's a holiday or miss it.

Really, talk to her and see what the reason is.  I hate it when parents just start assuming and don't talk to me.  When i interview the parents, I always tell them that if they have a problem at all to please talk to me about it.  I'm very easy to talk to but if there is no communication, things can blow all out of proportion and not be justified.

atlmom2
by Platinum Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 10:02 AM
Overreacting. Whiny kindergarten behavior on your part.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured