Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

my sister is abusive so i put her in jail last night

Posted by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 1:15 PM
  • 5 Replies

Last night i had my sister over at my house and my son was sleeping so we had a couple glasses of wine.. well things got out of hand and she started to beat me up and bit my arms and choking me.. so i threw her out and called the cops and she is in jail now. i feel like a bad mom because this may have never happened if wewouldn't of had any wine. she started to fight me because she was rude to my neighbors and i apologized for her and then she just went crazy. is it wrong that i put her in jail or that i was having a couple glasses of wine while my son was here and sleeping. i know it was wrong that we were fighting but i couldn't do any thing to stop it she just went crazy i feel like an awful mom and person can anyone give me any advice

by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 1:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
momaof8
by Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 1:42 PM

don't get drunk around your son   what if he needed you?

amanda21690
by New Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 1:45 PM

theres the thing i wasnt drunk she was but i had only had one glass of wine she had a couple though

KawaiiLila
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 1:50 PM
You are not a bad person. You are allowed to drink occasionally as long as you are still capable of taking care of your child. You defended yourself and your child. If she gets crazy when she drinks like that she shouldn't drink period.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
marshsmom
by Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 2:04 PM

Stop beating yourself up, you did exactly what you should have done.  Anything less would make you an aweful mom or person.  You did what a responsible and caring mother should do, you kept your child and home safe and eliminated more potential problems :)

-PB
by Gold Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 2:07 PM
1 mom liked this

Drinking or not, she needs to get control of herself and if going to jail helps her get a grip then so be it.  I would have done the same.  I'd say don't drink with her anymore though.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured