Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

saying words

Posted by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 1:53 PM
  • 10 Replies

Hi. My ds is 2 yrs old, and he doesnt say much words. He of course has his own baby talk. lol. But does anyone know any educational videos that actually help toddlers learn to say words and learn things. We do communicate with him everyday. Anyone got any ideas.

by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 1:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SpiritedMom2
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 1:57 PM

Baby Einsten! My child learned a huge lot of stuff from there. Also Sesame street has many videos on words, shapes, numbers etc.

stargaze281
by Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 1:59 PM

Yea he has watched these, mostly sesame street.

Quoting SpiritedMom2:

Baby Einsten! My child learned a huge lot of stuff from there. Also Sesame street has many videos on words, shapes, numbers etc.

-PB
by Gold Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 2:03 PM

We did "baby's first words" books.  Pronounce the word slowly, point to the picture and asked if she could say it.  Read three different word books at least once a day.  After a couple months she was talking non-stop.

jessn4
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 2:04 PM

my ds had a similar problem. Our ped suggested a program called zero to three project. Or your state may have something similar. But they have a "teacher" come by work with you and your ds to help with his speech. They even helped get him into a preschool at 3 yrs that would help him along. So when he started kindergarten he was at a level above the regular students. look under your state .gov website for child development resources. hope that helps.

The_Doodle
by Bronze Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 2:17 PM

Yo Gabba Gabba. As soon as DD started watching it her vocabulary skyrocketed. She is 2.5 and still learns words off of it and will now sing some of the songs. Plus there are plenty of songs on there that you could use to your advantage to try to get him to remember things (i.e., "Try it! You'll like it!" "Inside voice...quiet...inside voice...shh" kind of thing).

stargaze281
by Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 2:20 PM

Thanks

Quoting jessn4:

my ds had a similar problem. Our ped suggested a program called zero to three project. Or your state may have something similar. But they have a "teacher" come by work with you and your ds to help with his speech. They even helped get him into a preschool at 3 yrs that would help him along. So when he started kindergarten he was at a level above the regular students. look under your state .gov website for child development resources. hope that helps.

Mom2Just1
by Mom2boys on Feb. 19, 2013 at 2:33 PM
Just talk to him. I have always talked to my kids from birth and taught by example.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
stargaze281
by Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 4:33 PM
1 mom liked this

lol. Yes I do talk to him, always have.

Quoting Mom2Just1:

Just talk to him. I have always talked to my kids from birth and taught by example.

Mommy2justone
by Mommy2justtwo on Feb. 19, 2013 at 5:05 PM

Read to him. I wouldn't expose him to any television if he isn't speaking. Work with him one on one with asking for things. 

alexis_06
by AnnaLisa on Feb. 19, 2013 at 11:27 PM

boys USUALLY tend to be a bit slower in the talking department..go figure..lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)