Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Anyone else fill taxes on the 30th of Jan that hasnt got a refund yet?

Posted by   + Show Post

We filed the 30th and the website still say pending and no DD to my bank account yet.. When i called they told me if i dont have my return by wed 2/20 to call them back and they can tell me whats going on..

I am just annoyed that i have been waiting and i have seen tons of people on here and around my town that filed after me and go their refund already.

by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 5:06 PM
Replies (11-20):
NookBoookMom
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 6:07 PM

yep we are still waiting as well, we were now told the end of may beginning of march and we're pissed.

TJandKarasMom
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 6:10 PM
Right, but what do they really have to review? Ours are pretty straight forward, the weirdest thing is a child with a different last name (mine from my first marriage) and since they go by SSN, the system would kick it back if his father had already claimed him. Then we had three w2s, and our basic school stuff.

I guess I figure if I can do them myself, it shouldn't take long to review them. And most things, names, ssns, w2s would be checked by the system for inconsistencies.

I know someone has to review it, I'm just annoyed it took so long for them to accept it in the first place. Every year there is some form that isn't ready. They have all year to get things ready, even if they have to adjust something, they know what it is they need to adjust and it shouldn't take that long.

Quoting rockinmomto2:

Someone still has to review it. And because of the new tax codes, it takes longer.

Quoting TJandKarasMom:

Yep. But ours wasn't accepted right away because one of the forms wasn't ready or something...I think one of the forms for school stuff. So it was just accepted on 2/14. Now it just says "accepted" I'm really annoyed by the whole thing this year. Everything is digital so I don't understand why it all takes so long.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
rockinmomto2
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 6:13 PM

God, what an entitled attitude. How many other people do you think filed taxes the same time or before you? Millions? ALL of those have to be reviewed by someone, some are much more complicated than others but because they came in first, they get reviewed first. Mine is incredibly uncomplicated. DH is the only one who works, and worked at one place last year. And it still took two and a half weeks for it to say that it will be DD on Thursday.

Quoting TJandKarasMom:

Right, but what do they really have to review? Ours are pretty straight forward, the weirdest thing is a child with a different last name (mine from my first marriage) and since they go by SSN, the system would kick it back if his father had already claimed him. Then we had three w2s, and our basic school stuff.

I guess I figure if I can do them myself, it shouldn't take long to review them. And most things, names, ssns, w2s would be checked by the system for inconsistencies.

I know someone has to review it, I'm just annoyed it took so long for them to accept it in the first place. Every year there is some form that isn't ready. They have all year to get things ready, even if they have to adjust something, they know what it is they need to adjust and it shouldn't take that long.

Quoting rockinmomto2:

Someone still has to review it. And because of the new tax codes, it takes longer.

Quoting TJandKarasMom:

Yep. But ours wasn't accepted right away because one of the forms wasn't ready or something...I think one of the forms for school stuff. So it was just accepted on 2/14. Now it just says "accepted" I'm really annoyed by the whole thing this year. Everything is digital so I don't understand why it all takes so long.

Bubbasmomma08
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 6:24 PM

No it was a basic return

Quoting 3lilmonsters88:

Did you have the education credit? Some of the credits are taking longer because of all the new laws and forms. We filed on the 30th and got them on the 7th.

raegan1221
by Bronze Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 6:26 PM

Well they said it could take up to 21 days. I just filed a week ago so I still have a few weeks. However my bf got his within 1 week and 6 days.

JMmama
by Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 6:29 PM
Did you use turbotax? The had some type of glitch this year and a bunch of returns got a ghost form attached to it. We ended up having a form about passive activity loss limitation attached to ours. It doesn't apply to our return at all but it somehow just got stuck to ours. It won't (or at least shouldn't) cause problems with our return but it delayed it until March because it is one of the forms they are processing late.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Bubbasmomma08
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 6:30 PM

yea they say its going to take UP TO 21 days.. i am on day 20 with the website just telling me its processing or still processing, i guess thats why i am getting annoyed if there was something wrong i would like to know instead of waiting 21 days and then being hold XYZ is wrong or your return is going to be DD some time in March.

Quoting raegan1221:

Well they said it could take up to 21 days. I just filed a week ago so I still have a few weeks. However my bf got his within 1 week and 6 days.

Randi02
by Platinum Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 6:31 PM

BUMP

We never get anything back.

Bubbasmomma08
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 6:33 PM

No i didnt do turbotax, my aunt does taxes for a living and she always does our taxes.. i wanna say she had 7 returns accepted the 30th and none of the  clients have recieved their refunds, one being my husband and i and one being our best friends

steffielou_who
by Silver Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 6:36 PM
I had mine done on jan 29 but we had education credits so it was just accepted on the 14th.. It's still processing!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)