Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Anyone else fill taxes on the 30th of Jan that hasnt got a refund yet?

Posted by   + Show Post

We filed the 30th and the website still say pending and no DD to my bank account yet.. When i called they told me if i dont have my return by wed 2/20 to call them back and they can tell me whats going on..

I am just annoyed that i have been waiting and i have seen tons of people on here and around my town that filed after me and go their refund already.

by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 5:06 PM
Replies (21-30):
TJandKarasMom
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 6:36 PM
2 weeks wouldn't bother me. I know someone has to glance at it before it can be moved on and approved. 6 weeks annoys me. There are lots of people that work at the IRS, especially during this time of the year. 2 weeks wouldn't even phase me. It's the 6 weeks or more that is annoying for a very simple return.

I'm not meaning to sound entitled, but all in all, it's my money that I worked hard for and had to let the government take all year long. I would like some of it back now. I don't think it should take an excessively long time since everything is computerized and much of it is checked via a computer, then just reviewed briefly (for a brief return) by an actual person..who gets paid with that tax money to do their job.

There is nothing I can or will do about it taking so long, I just don't think it should take 6 weeks for something that took me two hours to complete.

Quoting rockinmomto2:

God, what an entitled attitude. How many other people do you think filed taxes the same time or before you? Millions? ALL of those have to be reviewed by someone, some are much more complicated than others but because they came in first, they get reviewed first. Mine is incredibly uncomplicated. DH is the only one who works, and worked at one place last year. And it still took two and a half weeks for it to say that it will be DD on Thursday.

Quoting TJandKarasMom:

Right, but what do they really have to review? Ours are pretty straight forward, the weirdest thing is a child with a different last name (mine from my first marriage) and since they go by SSN, the system would kick it back if his father had already claimed him. Then we had three w2s, and our basic school stuff.

I guess I figure if I can do them myself, it shouldn't take long to review them. And most things, names, ssns, w2s would be checked by the system for inconsistencies.

I know someone has to review it, I'm just annoyed it took so long for them to accept it in the first place. Every year there is some form that isn't ready. They have all year to get things ready, even if they have to adjust something, they know what it is they need to adjust and it shouldn't take that long.

Quoting rockinmomto2:

Someone still has to review it. And because of the new tax codes, it takes longer.

Quoting TJandKarasMom:

Yep. But ours wasn't accepted right away because one of the forms wasn't ready or something...I think one of the forms for school stuff. So it was just accepted on 2/14. Now it just says "accepted" I'm really annoyed by the whole thing this year. Everything is digital so I don't understand why it all takes so long.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
gsmom9
by Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 6:59 PM

i got my state today, but not my federal

raegan1221
by Bronze Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 7:03 PM

Oh yeah totally understand. Hopefully it's just right at the 21st day yall are having to wait. I hope you get some answers. They told me it would be first part of March before I got mine so we'll see. It seems this year things are taking longer, or they have for some people.

Quoting Bubbasmomma08:

yea they say its going to take UP TO 21 days.. i am on day 20 with the website just telling me its processing or still processing, i guess thats why i am getting annoyed if there was something wrong i would like to know instead of waiting 21 days and then being hold XYZ is wrong or your return is going to be DD some time in March.

Quoting raegan1221:

Well they said it could take up to 21 days. I just filed a week ago so I still have a few weeks. However my bf got his within 1 week and 6 days.

Faith, Hope & Love "I Will Have Faith in YOU, Hope For YOU To Come Home To Me & Love YOU More Every Day".
Bubbasmomma08
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 7:12 PM
1 mom liked this

It does seem like this year they are taken longer then normal.. I hope i have a nice surprise in the morning when i wake up so that i dont have to call the IRS tomorrow.. even for the website to say my DD date would be better then processing lol

Quoting raegan1221:

Oh yeah totally understand. Hopefully it's just right at the 21st day yall are having to wait. I hope you get some answers. They told me it would be first part of March before I got mine so we'll see. It seems this year things are taking longer, or they have for some people.

Quoting Bubbasmomma08:

yea they say its going to take UP TO 21 days.. i am on day 20 with the website just telling me its processing or still processing, i guess thats why i am getting annoyed if there was something wrong i would like to know instead of waiting 21 days and then being hold XYZ is wrong or your return is going to be DD some time in March.

Quoting raegan1221:

Well they said it could take up to 21 days. I just filed a week ago so I still have a few weeks. However my bf got his within 1 week and 6 days.

Salem2012
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 7:16 PM

We filed on the 25th ...it was accepted early and on Feb.2nd we got our return!

rockinmomto2
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 6:10 AM

It doesn't matter what bothers you or what you think you're entitled to. If you're not taking ALL of your possible deductions during the year, you need to do that. All you're waiting for is a refund of money that you've paid via taxes. EVERYONE pays some sort of tax. And since your return was only filed 6 DAYS ago, I don't think you have any single right to complain. I filed my taxes 21 days ago, and I should have it tomorrow. 3 weeks is not that long to wait. 

And just like I've already explained, taxes are done on a first come first served basis. Someone who filed their taxes on the 5th is going to get their return before you. That's just how it works. No matter how complicated their return is, it gets done first. You need to stop behaving like an entitled brat and wait your turn just like the rest of us.

Quoting TJandKarasMom:

2 weeks wouldn't bother me. I know someone has to glance at it before it can be moved on and approved. 6 weeks annoys me. There are lots of people that work at the IRS, especially during this time of the year. 2 weeks wouldn't even phase me. It's the 6 weeks or more that is annoying for a very simple return.

I'm not meaning to sound entitled, but all in all, it's my money that I worked hard for and had to let the government take all year long. I would like some of it back now. I don't think it should take an excessively long time since everything is computerized and much of it is checked via a computer, then just reviewed briefly (for a brief return) by an actual person..who gets paid with that tax money to do their job.

There is nothing I can or will do about it taking so long, I just don't think it should take 6 weeks for something that took me two hours to complete.

Quoting rockinmomto2:

God, what an entitled attitude. How many other people do you think filed taxes the same time or before you? Millions? ALL of those have to be reviewed by someone, some are much more complicated than others but because they came in first, they get reviewed first. Mine is incredibly uncomplicated. DH is the only one who works, and worked at one place last year. And it still took two and a half weeks for it to say that it will be DD on Thursday.

Quoting TJandKarasMom:

Right, but what do they really have to review? Ours are pretty straight forward, the weirdest thing is a child with a different last name (mine from my first marriage) and since they go by SSN, the system would kick it back if his father had already claimed him. Then we had three w2s, and our basic school stuff.

I guess I figure if I can do them myself, it shouldn't take long to review them. And most things, names, ssns, w2s would be checked by the system for inconsistencies.

I know someone has to review it, I'm just annoyed it took so long for them to accept it in the first place. Every year there is some form that isn't ready. They have all year to get things ready, even if they have to adjust something, they know what it is they need to adjust and it shouldn't take that long.

Quoting rockinmomto2:

Someone still has to review it. And because of the new tax codes, it takes longer.

Quoting TJandKarasMom:

Yep. But ours wasn't accepted right away because one of the forms wasn't ready or something...I think one of the forms for school stuff. So it was just accepted on 2/14. Now it just says "accepted" I'm really annoyed by the whole thing this year. Everything is digital so I don't understand why it all takes so long.

Bubbasmomma08
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 1:30 PM

Well i got to talk to the IRS today cause its day 21 for us and found out there was a error on our return so we have to wait 7 more days.

mmeredith
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 1:49 PM

We did ours the 25th, still none :(

Bubbasmomma08
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 1:51 PM

Have you contacted them to see what is going on.. we thought everything was good and then found that out... i am going to be having a talk with my aunt since she did our taxes and made a error somewhere

Quoting mmeredith:

We did ours the 25th, still none :(

TJandKarasMom
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 3:18 PM
I didn't file 6 days ago. I filed Jan 30th, 3 weeks ago. It was just finally accepted on the 14th because the IRS didn't have a form ready, I did my part. I filled in all the info, they weren't ready to accept it all to then process it. I think it's ridiculous that they had all year to ready the necessary forms yet they are never ready on time. Maybe they should move the filing date if they won't be ready on time.

If you knew me, or half the people I know, you would know I am one of the least 'entitled' people my age. I never think anyone owes me anything, especially not the government. But if they say it will take a certain amount of time to give me back the money they 'borrowed' then I think it's fair to expect that.

3 weeks is not long to wait at all to get your refund. 3 weeks to wait for no response is a long time IMO. So we filed at the same time, you're getting your refund tomorrow and mine has not even been looked at. So much for first come first served.

Quoting rockinmomto2:

It doesn't matter what bothers you or what you think you're entitled to. If you're not taking ALL of your possible deductions during the year, you need to do that. All you're waiting for is a refund of money that you've paid via taxes. EVERYONE pays some sort of tax. And since your return was only filed 6 DAYS ago, I don't think you have any single right to complain. I filed my taxes 21 days ago, and I should have it tomorrow. 3 weeks is not that long to wait. 

And just like I've already explained, taxes are done on a first come first served basis. Someone who filed their taxes on the 5th is going to get their return before you. That's just how it works. No matter how complicated their return is, it gets done first. You need to stop behaving like an entitled brat and wait your turn just like the rest of us.

Quoting TJandKarasMom:

Quoting rockinmomto2:

Quoting TJandKarasMom:

Quoting rockinmomto2:

Quoting TJandKarasMom:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)