Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Found our new home but lease is up in 2 months and not ready to move!!!

Posted by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 8:07 PM
  • 5 Replies

I have been looking for the Perfect "forever" home for me, DH, and our 4 kids for almost 3 YEARS. I finally found it a few weeks ago and our current lease on our rental home is up in 2 months. The current owners of the house are waiting for their new home to be remodeled so they're not in a hurry to move out. Question is :: do I sign a lease for another year? Or can I negotiate a shorter lease? We don't have a set date for the move into the new house. So I don't know how much longer we'll be staying.

by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 8:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Seans_mommy123
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 8:22 PM
1 mom liked this

I would see if the owners of your current house would be willing to go to a month to month lease. 

sabrtooth1
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 8:26 PM

What did you put in the written offer for the house?  Did you have a realtor, and a lawyer involved?  Did you put a closing date in the contract?  Or did the owners just "say" they will sell it to you?  If that is the case, KEEP LOOKING.  And in the meantime, make sure your loan is preapproved, make sure you are represented by a lawyer and a realtor, and in the offer for the house, include a closing date, and a right of refusal walkthru the day before.  If the people REALLY want to sell the house, they will be out of it on time.  If they reject a fixed closing date, walk away.  A LOT can happen to that property in the time between you putting in an offer, and you moving in "whenever". 

snowangel1979
by Silver Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:06 PM
I agree have you put a bid in or do you have a closing date. The contract will say what date they will have to be out by. If you don't have those, keep looking.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
imultracool
by Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:11 PM
I agree with pp, see if you can do a month to month lease.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
slransde
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:11 PM
Try month to month
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)