Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kissing on the mouth *ETA*

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:41 AM
  • 55 Replies

Do you kiss your kids on the mouth?

*ETA* 
I wanted to add my opinion.
My husband's family is not very affectionate at all.
But I grew up with unconditional hugs and kisses. My mom (whom I was raised by) has always kissed us on the mouth.
But my husband didn't grow up that way.

My daughter has been kissed on the mouth by both of us since birth, and has never tried to kiss anyone else on the lips. We never told her not to, she just kind of figured it out I guess.

But I was just curious about how many families forgo kissing on the mouth and why.
My husband barely hugs his mother and father, but is VERY affectionate with my daughter and myself. So I do not thing there are any ill effects from withholding kisses on the mouth. I was just curious as to why some families choose not to do this. 

by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
zacmacsmomm
by Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:43 AM

Yup

lucky2Beeme
by Gold Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:51 AM

Yes. As well as my extended family and  some friends. It's how I was brought up. I see nothing wrong or gross about it. I was happy my kids didn't go through the awkward its not cool to kiss mom phase.

Raeann11
by Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:54 AM

yes

huntersmama711
by Bronze Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:55 AM
Yes I do
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SouthTxPrincess
by Silver Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 10:20 AM
Yes
stargazerwolf
by Bronze Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 10:25 AM

My 4 year old, sometimes, my 9 month old, no she's too slobbery lol (getting teeth finally). Besides my kids and my boyfriend I wouldn't kiss anyone else on the lips.

smgb0510
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 10:37 AM

I don't kiss my son on the mouth.... LOL!!! He kisses me on my mouth and open faced on my cheek... he is really lovey dovey...  drives me bonkers sometimes but he is awesome...  Some people who are close-minded have a problem with moms and kids kissing, but you know what...???  They probably didn't get enough of their mommy's loving when they were babies... I take it as my kids love me to death when they want to kiss me like that and they're crazy little people... 

emt088
by Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 10:39 AM
I dont, but dh does. So obviously when dd (two) kisses me on the lips, I let her. I just never initiate it. I do mush her cheeks as frequently as I can though :)
StacyO722
by Bronze Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 10:40 AM
1 mom liked this

Yes. It's just something we've always done in our family. My Dad still kissed his Mom on the lips up until she passed away at 91 and he was in his late 60's.

DH's family barely shows any affection, I find that much more creepy.

MarriedYoung
by Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 10:54 AM

Yep. Hubs doesn't really, in his family it is considered weird but my dd just gave her first kiss earlier this week and it was a mouth kiss to Daddy so Im pretty sure he will get over it fast cause he didn't mind at all.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured