Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Help!!

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 11:07 AM
  • 11 Replies

So I am trying to teach my LO its okay to be away from mommy and I am trying to clean my house, so he is gaited in his playroom flipping out. He still BF, and is 17months. I have no real daily routine and have been giving him what he wants since birth. I have slept with him since birth and now he hits, and cries when I'm not in his site. it breaks my heart to hear him crying. Though I can't get anything done when he is always following me and getting into everything HELP!!!!

by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 11:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Cafe Kristina
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 11:12 AM

BUMP!

Acid
by Silver Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 11:13 AM

He's gaited in his playroom?  So he's running around it? 

If you're not in his site does that mean he's running his own internet web page and you're not looking at it?

MommaGoosey
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 11:14 AM

lol, no I meant sight, and yes he has free roam in his playroom. all his toys of course but he is so upset right now. 

-PB
by Gold Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 11:15 AM

Have you tried wearing him?  Get a wrap or a carrier and take him with you around the house.  He won't be crying or getting into stuff.

SewingMamaLele
by Bronze Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 11:16 AM

He's a normal toddler.   Do you have a good carrier?   A woven wrap or SSC?   Put him on your back and do your work.   He will outgrow this, it's his age. 

MommaGoosey
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 11:25 AM

One thing, I don't want to tote him around all the time, he is much to heavy for me to be toting.

Mommy2justone
by Mommy2justtwo on Feb. 20, 2013 at 11:26 AM
1 mom liked this

I would keep him in the room you are in while you are cleaning. 
My daughter would take a wet washcloth and "wash" everything while I cleaned. She loved to do the door knobs, LOL!  

Mommy2justone
by Mommy2justtwo on Feb. 20, 2013 at 11:28 AM
2 moms liked this

LOL 

Welcome to advice for moms, the largest population of English teachers. 

Quoting Acid:

He's gaited in his playroom?  So he's running around it? 

If you're not in his site does that mean he's running his own internet web page and you're not looking at it?

aikimomof3
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 11:36 AM
1 mom liked this

Sounds like a pretty normal kid to me. My DD had separation issues at around 10 to 13 months, and then again as soon as she turned 2 years old. Give him his space and just check on him every few minutes and gently remind him that mommy is just in the other room, cleaning, etc. It might take a while, but it's something he should grow out of.

alexis_06
by AnnaLisa on Feb. 20, 2013 at 12:00 PM
1 mom liked this

sounds normal to me too! maybe just let him help you clean. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)