Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Should I be worried that the babie's father is not my boyfriend?

Posted by   + Show Post

I had sex with another man on August 29th 2012, as me and my current boyfriend were broken up for 3 months at the time. We DID use a condom, however it broke, I was sure I felt it break, so a few moments (no later than 3 minutes) told him to stop. I ended up back with my current boyfriend about a week later. We were trying for a baby after that, and I had gotten a pregnancy test at the end of September, as well as October and had gotten 2 negative blood test results. I had also gotten my period both those months. THEN I was 10 days late in November which NEVER happens and ended up testing positive for pregnancy , about 5 weeks pregnant they said I was. Anyone think there's any way this could be the other guy's baby?

by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 1:42 PM
Replies (31-40):
CCallahan87
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 3:03 PM

Quoting Bero2007:

Not even possible. If you were 5 weeks in November then there's no way you conceived in August. Does your BF know you were sleeping with another guy?

YES even though we were not together at the time I told him anyway because I am a kind hearted fool.

justone_jen
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 3:04 PM
Wouldn't you be a lot farther along if it were the other guy's?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ThinkAgainMom
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 3:05 PM

Let go of your guilt and enjoy your pregnancy and your baby!  It belongs to your BF, just as you wanted.

StacyO722
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 3:06 PM

Glad I could ease your mind a bit :) Are you due in July? There's a group on here that's only Moms who are due in July. Here's a link to the group.

July babies

The Moms in there are really nice. It's helpful to have people who are going through the same things you are at the same time to talk to :)

Quoting CCallahan87:

Quoting StacyO722:

I understand. The way they calculate weeks during pregnancy can be confusing. You're not even pregnant for the 1st 2 weeks of your pregnancy, because they go by your last period. I'm 2 weeks ahead of you and know for a fact I concieved 2nd week in Oct. So you probably did the last week of Oct or 1st week of Nov. Like I said, as long as you were only with your BF during  that time frame, he's the father. Try not to stress, it's not good for you or the baby :) Good luck Mama! 

Quoting CCallahan87:

Quoting StacyO722:

If you are 18 weeks you concieved some time in Oct or Nov. Unless you had sex with the other man during that time, it is most likely your BF's.

I am 20w and I concieved in Oct.

Quoting CCallahan87:

Lat time I went to the Ob I was 16 wks and 4 days, he said I was right where I should be....It's just a little worrysome .....Now I should be 18 wks and 2 days.

I NEVER had sex with anyone else while I was with my boyfriend. I had sex with the other man while broken up and didn't think he and I would get back together. I only had sex with the other guy once, but it's the adding up of dates thats confusing the snot out of me.

Thanks, that makes me feel LOADs better. =D And no i never had sex with him again. I've never cheated on anyone my whole life, and am proud to pat my back to that one. He def knows I had sex with someone else and we went through a lot to get to where we are here and a lot for him to get over that. And I jusst want everything to be ok.

Lilypie Maternity tickers
Bero2007
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 3:06 PM

You are a good person then. Most wouldn't have even said anything.

Quoting CCallahan87:

Quoting Bero2007:

Not even possible. If you were 5 weeks in November then there's no way you conceived in August. Does your BF know you were sleeping with another guy?

YES even though we were not together at the time I told him anyway because I am a kind hearted fool.

CCallahan87
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 3:07 PM

Quoting Ramle6609:

Hoping is not going to do anything. Going over what you already know isn't going to change the fact. Obviously your bf loves you and you guys have something to have started dating again. I think the smartest thing to do is to tell him. You don't want to make him look like a fool if it weren't his in the hospital. If he knows now he may stay and hold your hand the rest of the way and you can quit stressing. My sister in law had obvious signs she was pregnant and at 5 weeks the pregnancy test still were negative. I even took her to the same place I'd gotten my ultrasound at 3 weeks pregnant and they still said she wasn't pregnant. Anyhow, I hope the best for you and your little one. 

I've never had any problems with testing positive. So I don't think that's it. I have been pregnant before and tested positive right when I got pregnant.

CCallahan87
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 3:08 PM

Thanks A bunch =) And yes I'm due July 22nd.

Quoting StacyO722:

Glad I could ease your mind a bit :) Are you due in July? There's a group on here that's only Moms who are due in July. Here's a link to the group.

July babies

The Moms in there are really nice. It's helpful to have people who are going through the same things you are at the same time to talk to :)

Quoting CCallahan87:

Quoting StacyO722:

I understand. The way they calculate weeks during pregnancy can be confusing. You're not even pregnant for the 1st 2 weeks of your pregnancy, because they go by your last period. I'm 2 weeks ahead of you and know for a fact I concieved 2nd week in Oct. So you probably did the last week of Oct or 1st week of Nov. Like I said, as long as you were only with your BF during  that time frame, he's the father. Try not to stress, it's not good for you or the baby :) Good luck Mama! 

Quoting CCallahan87:

Quoting StacyO722:

If you are 18 weeks you concieved some time in Oct or Nov. Unless you had sex with the other man during that time, it is most likely your BF's.

I am 20w and I concieved in Oct.

Quoting CCallahan87:

Lat time I went to the Ob I was 16 wks and 4 days, he said I was right where I should be....It's just a little worrysome .....Now I should be 18 wks and 2 days.

I NEVER had sex with anyone else while I was with my boyfriend. I had sex with the other man while broken up and didn't think he and I would get back together. I only had sex with the other guy once, but it's the adding up of dates thats confusing the snot out of me.

Thanks, that makes me feel LOADs better. =D And no i never had sex with him again. I've never cheated on anyone my whole life, and am proud to pat my back to that one. He def knows I had sex with someone else and we went through a lot to get to where we are here and a lot for him to get over that. And I jusst want everything to be ok.

rbailey2414
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 3:10 PM
It should be your bfs. Gl to you!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
raegan1221
by Bronze Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 3:11 PM
I don't think so...sounds like your bf's. And congrats!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
stargazerwolf
by Bronze Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 8:48 PM

Yep, no way the baby would be the other guys! Congrats!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN