Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If you had a hard time getting your toddler to listen ...

Posted by   + Show Post

How did you get them to do what you told them? My 3 year old doesn't listen to me for anything.

He'll listen to his dad, but he only sees him in the mornings and after he gets off work at 5 pm.

I'm a SAHM, so it's important that he listens when I tell him things instead of ignoring me like he does now. He only listens maybe 30% of the time. The rest I have to put him in timeout all the time and take things away from him. Hasn't been working though.

by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 6:32 PM
Replies (11-12):
BrittSam2011
by Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 8:16 PM

Thank you so much. It's difficult when you have a toddler not listening and then 2 younger ones as well.

Quoting frndlyfn:

We had a loose schedule but we had wake up time, breakfast time, snack time, lunch time and then usually in the afternoon we would try to get to the library or store or something for an activity.  Wake up time was about 9am, breakfast 9:30, snacks about 11am, lunch noon -1pm etc.  You can schedule in story time for him in the afternoon and morning so you are reading to him.  Craft times are great.

Quoting BrittSam2011:

You know, we don't actually have a schedule. What do/did you do with your kids? I was looking for examples online but couldn't find any.

Quoting frndlyfn:

What is your daily schedule like?  This age really thrives on schedules.  At 1pm we will have lunch.   Ok johnny in 5 minutes I will start making lunch so we can eat at 1pm.   Clear rules also help having them posted though he may not be able to read them.

EsmeVincent
by Bronze Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 8:21 PM
DS gets spankings for big things...he hasn't had a spanking in over 7months...but he listens to us for the most part
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured