Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Those still waiting for tax returns.

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 7:47 PM
  • 2 Replies

So I complained a bit on here in other peoples posts about tax returns, I filed on the 1st of Feb and was told on the IRS website it would be deposited on the 11th, by the 16th I was still waiting for my return. I got my state at the time expected, but was getting angry over the wait for my federal. I filed with TaxAct and when I finally got to call them on the 19th (not open on weekends and holiday monday) I called my bank to check for sure, no pending deposits, called the IRS who said they sent it to the TaxAct people since I had asked that my fee for filing would be taken out of my return, so I called TaxActs customer service who then told me to call their bank. So I called their bank who said apparently there were identity verification questions I still needed to answer, that TaxAct was supposed to email me about it, yet they never did. So I answered the questions and my return was deposited the next day (today).

So if you filed online, especially if you used TaxAct and didnt pay upfront, this may be why your refund hasnt been deposited. Just thought Id help out posting this.

by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 7:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
BethRae
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 7:49 PM
We filed over a month ago and are still waiting. We used turbotax to file ours. I know the fact that my husband was a student delayed it. We may need to make a call to the IRS tomorrow.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MinglingMom
by Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 7:49 PM

Good to know! Thanks for sharing!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured