Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Stay home or take him to daycare?

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 7:53 PM
  • 5 Replies

My son is coughing. He has a dry cough. We went to dr today and dr said that his lungs and everything sound clear so we got home with no meds. He's 19 months. 

Daycare will accept him the way he is.but I don't know if I should take him.

my temporary nanny can't watch him while I work tomorrow.

i am hesitant about taking tomorrow off as I started this job in August and I'm being evaluated. I'd rather save the day for a more serious issue.

i can call a nanny I interviewed in the  past and see if she is free.

we have zero relatives that can watch him.

shall I take him to daycAre?

by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 7:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
stargazerwolf
by Bronze Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 7:56 PM

I would take him to daycare if its just a cough and it doesnt look good when you are new to a job either. He'll be ok.

Zazayam
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 7:58 PM

Depends on how important not missing work is to you, if there's no other options..

I used to hate it when I went to pick one of mine up and seen a snotty or coughing kid, just had to cringe expecting mine to bring it home :( Because of that feeling I was probably overly obsessive about not sending mine if they even looked a little bit sick, but I also have a huge family in town and could usually come up with a backup sitter pretty easily.

ballerossandra
by Bronze Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 8:00 PM

Well I felt like you but after seeing so many sick kids now I know I can take mine like that

Quoting Zazayam:

Depends on how important not missing work is to you, if there's no other options..

I used to hate it when I went to pick one of mine up and seen a snotty or coughing kid, just had to cringe expecting mine to bring it home :( Because of that feeling I was probably overly obsessive about not sending mine if they even looked a little bit sick, but I also have a huge family in town and could usually come up with a backup sitter pretty easily.

frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 8:07 PM

Just take him to daycare.  He will be fine. Perhaps see if they can just make sure he drinks more water during the day.  A dry cough can indicate allergies (seasonal) and it would be dumb for him to miss out every time there is just a cough.

sabrtooth1
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 8:35 PM

If the DR said he's fine, he's fine.  Take him to daycare.  For future times, call your local hospitals, and see if any of them offer care for "mildly sick children" .  Some hospitals around here do, if the pediatric ward is not very full, as it prevents the flu and very communicable things from burning thru the schools.  You register ahead of time, get on file, and then just pay by the hour.  It was a lifesaver for me, several times. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)