Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

cradle cap

Posted by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 1:10 PM
  • 4 Replies

so my 15 month old son still has cradle cap. he has had it since he was a month old. It is not as bad as it use to be but it would be nice for him not have it. When he first go it we tried baby oil, olive oil, the DR recommended T-gel and none of it worked. I use to scrape it off with a comb and got most of it but the last area he has it i cant seem to remove the scales as the comb now just goes through his hair. I give him a bath everyday so it is not like he is a dirty kid. Does anyone know when this will go away? 

by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 1:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
britmichele
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 1:12 PM
Rub coconut oil all over the spot and leave it on over night use a fine tooth comb or baby brush in the morning. It should come right off
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
momaof8
by Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 1:12 PM

massage the olive oil a few times a day

Moe1521
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 1:18 PM
My DD had it. When I gave her baths, I would wash her hair with baby shampoo and scrub her scalp with a baby brush then rinse her hair. I hope you find something that works :/ I don't have any other suggestions.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
-PB
by Gold Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 1:58 PM

My dd had cradle cap until she was probably 2 1/2 years old.  I would use olive oil and comb it out and it would just come back. They make shampoos for cradle cap but I don't know that its any better than t-gel, olive oil, or anything else.  I would keep doing what your doing, but as long as its not bothering him I would worry about it too much.  It probably bothers you more than it does him and it will go away eventually. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)