Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

potty issues with my almost four yo son.

He'll be 4 in April, he's seriously refusing ti poop in the toilet. he just sat here, literally two feet from the toilet n pooped!

he pooped in his pants 5 Times yesterday. We started training last January so its been over a year now.. he's had a few streaks where He poops in the toilet every day, longest being for almost. two months... so we know he knows how. ... he gets rewards for pooping in the toilet.

High fives from everyone in the house, but frankly we're all getting disgusted. he gets poop all over the bathroom, Throws tantrums when I try to clean him up, today I put his cousins pamper on him out of frustration. I don't know what to do!!

advice? Any Momma's Been through this before me? It almost seems like he might be doing it for attention. on the flipside of that he's home by himself with me all day and spend all day together.

Its like he's A broken CD stuck between being a baby and a big boy.... if that makes sense.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 2:48 PM
Replies (11-14):
atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 2:49 PM
Even better for him to clean up. Sick to your guns and don't give in.

Quoting AngelicMommy_72:

It probably is defiance....... he's goinng through this horrid treacherous three thing... testing my patience at every turn. I just can't wrap my mind around it, he hates for his clothes to get dirty but will poop in his underwear...

Quoting atlmom2:

Yep, my sister in law did this. He had to rinse his underware in the toilet, clean the floor etc. Pooping on foot from the potty, he knows what he is doing, but being defiant.

Quoting Bmat:

I'd suggest that you insist on his rinsing out his own clothing and cleaning up his own mess. Even if you have to stand in the room and watch him while he does it. Don't act angry or upset, just be matter-of-fact. "uhoh, you missed the potty, so now it is time to clean up the mess, here are the wipes (or the cloth and cleaner), here is the soap so you can rinse out your undies in the sink, and then clean the sink."

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AngelicMommy_72
by Bronze Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 2:49 PM
Lol As disgusting as a subject as this maybe I will keep you all posted let you know how he does! Thanks for the advice...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ThinkAgainMom
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 3:36 PM
1 mom liked this

Wound up in this same battle with my DD at the age of 4.  There was NO REASON, she simply did not want to. (Ultimately, I think she had an irrational fear of it because she would still flush and RUN out of the bathroom like someone was chasing her - for several years.) 

We tried everything.  She would not poop in clothes or on floor, but she would hold it in and not go for several days unless we gave her a diaper.  Doctor said that holding  it in is bad, she could wind up empacted in the hospital. 

Finally, I had an idea that worked.  She was very advanced physically and had just learned how to ride her bike without training wheels (at the age of 4).  I said that if she wanted to be a baby when it came to going poop, we would have to treat her like a baby when it came to riding her bike. If she did not poop on the potty, her training wheels would go back on her bike until she did.

She pooped on the potty from that day forward.

Is their some privilege he has earned with his age that he would NEVER want to give up?

marisab
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 8:51 AM

does he have any other developmental delays??was late at anything else?? have him tested for behavior,learning and developmental problems .. other option asny changes in the home??either way talk to the doctor

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN