Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Medical problems (sorry it's long)

Posted by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 4:54 PM
  • 7 Replies

Hi I was just wondering if anyone can help me out. I have a problem I just turned 20 and i have endometriosis and a history of ovarian cyst. I have been having this for 3 yrs now and its been hard. I use to have the medical card and it would cover all my bills. But on November and December I got sick again they found an ovary that ruptured. Since I'm over 18 I don't have the medical card no more and I have these bills that I need to pay but I don't have the money and I live with my mom and 2 brothers. My mom have been having trouble with money lately and I work over the summer only since I'm still a student and I'm scared because lately i haven't been feeling well. There have been lots of changes going on with me. I been having pregnancy symptoms but i took two test and it came negative. December was the only month that I had a normal period last month i had light and short bleeding and early in this month I had brown discharge spots coming out for 2 or 3 days. I'm confuse. Today I didn't go to school because I woke up with shoulder pain I had them in the middle of the night. And also I get small sharp pains in my stomach. My mom told me to take tyleno. To be honest I'm scared and since I suffer from endometriosis its possible for me to be having an ectopic pregnancy. I want to get check up but money is the problem. I owe bills and it's so hard for me right now. I wish there was some way I could get help. They told my mom that  I should still have the medical card since I'm in school and I'm a student but when I called they said I can't because I'm not blind or disable.  I don't know what to do. My shoulder been hurting all day and the pain goes all the way to my arm and I'm even scared to take the tyleno what if i am pregnant and I'm puting the baby in risk. I would go to the hospital but money is a problem for me.

by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 4:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
UpSheRises
by Bronze Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 4:59 PM
1 mom liked this

Planned parenthood provides low cost services for women. Not general health services but i would get you in front of a professional at least.

MJP76
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 9:29 PM

You can still be pregnant (in your uterus) with endometriosis, and an ectopic pregnancy would also show up on a piss test.

you can take Tylonol while being pregnant.

funhappymom
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 10:04 AM

Wow, I'm sorry you are facing this. I would still try to be seen by someone. What you are describing could be very serious.

Angelanscalf89
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 10:08 AM
You can take tylenol IF your prgnant when I was pregnant with ds I had severe migraines and my ob prescribed me tylenol 3s he said it was the safest thing that I could take that would catually work.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Angelanscalf89
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 10:09 AM
*pregnant *actually damn phone

Quoting Angelanscalf89:

You can take tylenol IF your prgnant when I was pregnant with ds I had severe migraines and my ob prescribed me tylenol 3s he said it was the safest thing that I could take that would catually work.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
breebree04
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 10:29 AM

It makes sense that since your still in school you should still have medical under your parents. Maybe call back and speak to a supervisor. Can you get state medical/medicaid? If your a mom and no job then I think you should qualify.

AshleyAlteman
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 12:35 PM
1 mom liked this

If you ever feel that your health is at risk, always seek medical care. An outstanding bill is minimal compared to health complications arising from not having something taken care of initially. Find an urgent care and have yourself looked at and worry about the bill later. You can always set up payment arrangements on a monthly basis once everything is straightened out. Good luck to you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN