Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

My son HATES fruit! :/

Posted by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 11:04 PM
  • 11 Replies
He's 14 months, I've tried bananas, strawberry, blueberry, grapes, oranges, apples anyway you get the picture. He doesn't like any of it never has. The only fruit like thing he likes is raspberry jam but I don't think there would be much nutrition in that! He likes veggies, he'll even eat Lima beans! But won't eat a mango! I worry about him and his nutrition :/ . Can a child grow up right on a fruit free diet???
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 11:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MsRkg
by Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 11:08 PM
A child can essentially grow up on a fruit free diet and get the vitamins and nutrients that they need from vegetables and other food groups, but that's never any fun. Lol. I have never heard of a kid liking no fruits whatsoever though. This might sound weird but have you tried to cook it down to make it softer or change the consistency and flavor. A drizzle of honey on the fruit might spark interest.
Zazayam
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 11:23 PM

14 months is still young, don't stop trying. I let my kids dip theirs in peanut butter or applesauce, not sure why but they liked just about everything more when they were allowed to dip it in something lol

frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 1:01 AM

If you make your own jam, there is tons of nutrition in it.  Perhaps buy some frozen raspberries that he can munch on frozen.    DD has done just fine with her limited veggie and meat diet.  She does not like meat nor many veggies.   Also if you want to try it, there is an all natural fruit/veggie juice that gives 2 servings of both in one serving.   That is how we have combatted the lack of veggies in her diet.

frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 1:05 AM

stargazerwolf
by Bronze Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 1:49 AM

Does he like juice? Like 100% juice. Have you tried adding it into things? One day my boyfriend made us all banana pancakes. You just make them normally with chunks of banana thrown in (or whatever other fruit). You could also do that with cakes, breads (obviously banana bread) etc. My kids love fruits and veggies though so I've never had a problem! Good luck!

alexis_06
by AnnaLisa on Feb. 22, 2013 at 2:05 AM

what about putting all those fruits into a juicer...that way he can drink his fruits...or even into a lil smoothie. 

MissTacoBell
by Silver Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 2:06 AM
Dd is the same at 10 months. I just keep trying. Try in between foods like avocado and tomato. If he likes those he might just not care for sweets. Count your blessings.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brandyblx
by Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 2:09 AM

Does he drink juice of any kind?My kids like the V8 vegetable/juice blends.

AM-BRAT
by Amber on Feb. 22, 2013 at 5:22 AM
Yup keep offering.

Many ways many times. You give up now and he will too.

Quoting Zazayam:

14 months is still young, don't stop trying. I let my kids dip theirs in peanut butter or applesauce, not sure why but they liked just about everything more when they were allowed to dip it in something lol

AM-BRAT
by Amber on Feb. 22, 2013 at 5:23 AM
We love fruitables! I just saw at costco capri sun has a v juice now too. Yay!

Quoting frndlyfn:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)