Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Wrinkle cream/ collagen based products?

Posted by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 5:15 AM
  • 29 Replies
Pic is now on pg 3. :)

I'm 32, pix in replies. I don't wear makeup persay- I use sheer powder, chapstick and an eyebrow pencil since they're sparse.

I don't like to use anything else. I always look the way I do in these pix. (albeit this is 2a at work so be easy on me!)

What can I use, affordably and simplistically to help prevent TOO many wrinkles? What do you gals like?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 5:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mommy2justone
by Mommy2justtwo on Feb. 22, 2013 at 9:41 AM

So that is what you look like :) HI!!!!! 

I think you look about 25 and don't need make up at all! 

I have heard that using EVOO as a moisterizer before bed each night helps, 

LetoLiebe
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 10:10 AM

You are a lovely lady. I like the minimalist look on you! I am a slave to my eyeliner and lip gloss...Retin-A is great. I see you are wearing scrubs and you are in a hospital or medical facility rest room. When working I work in the medical field also, so I'd know that wall tile and lighting anywhere:) you could ask one of your doctors you work for to look you over and set you up with a Rx for Retin-A or the generic, which is what I use. If your a nurse you already know all about it. If not, it is a little pricey initially, but a tube last about 6 mos. So...$72.00 divided by 6 is only a little over $10.00 a mo for a very effective Rx wrinkle treatment, along with all the other benefits of Retin-A. The only catch is it is hard on the skin at first, until you adjust and you have to limit your sun exposure to your face, and were a good strong sunblock. It looks like you like the sun or live in a sunny state. I also LOVE the sun. I am also very into outside activity. Working out for an hour and a half in the bright sun at 90 degrees is one of my favourite things to do! I remedy this by wearing a very strong sunblock, while I am out in the sun as well as a visor or cute base ball cap after a while and at the beach I wear cute sun hats, not the old lady ones. I use BB cream as my base during the day. To match my skin tone on my face and body in the summer, I use a bronzer on my face. It actually works very well.

proudmomof2653
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 10:34 AM

I use avon's anew skincare products and they work and they truly work, i do not have wrinkles yet but i have daycare and night cream and eye cream and the eye cream is to prevent the bags under your eyes and I use it with my night cream everynight and the bags have not come back at all and i never was so happier. to get my avon website pm me.

alexis_06
by AnnaLisa on Feb. 22, 2013 at 12:04 PM

you're so pretty! you dont look like you need to worry about anything like that yet!

MomOfNolan
by Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 12:10 PM

Personally, I think you look great and I'm not seeing any wrinkles! 

I on the other hand use Arbonne's RE9 line of products, it is actually supposed to reverse aging and I have seen some amazing before and after photos from their products. 

My grandma on the other hand, she looks AMAZING for being 74.  She is very vain and does take care of herself, she gets fancied up every single day.  She uses plain old Oil of Olay.  She says it's been around long enough that it makes sense for her to use that or Neutrogena. 

Maybe it boils down to good genes... which it looks like you have :)

indymom72
by Bronze Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 12:15 PM

I cleanse and moisturize twice a day, no matter what.  I use the Loreal face wash, but Strivectin cream for my eyes, face and neck.  I also wear Bare Minerals makeup, I like that it has sunscreen in it to offer even more protection.

MJP76
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 12:43 PM

I use nutragena products because I have sensitive skin. I'm almost 37 and I've been using nutragena since I was 30. The pic I'm about to post is how I look most days... No make-up, just face cream. I only wear make-up if I'm leaving the house for an extended period of time, like date nights, or spending the day at the mall... Sorry I don't know how to rotate it.

MJP76
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 12:49 PM

Also, at night I use just a vitimin A capsul. It's the cheapest route to go, if you ask me. Vitimin A is retinol which is the ingredient that is most of the high priced products on the market today.

i can only use it 3 times a week because I have sensitive skin, and it's "thick". But it's better as a night cream rather than a day cream.

i just puncture the capsul, rub it all over my face, and then eat the remainder..

CookieMom108
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 12:51 PM

Usually Neutrogena anti wrinkle cream.  In the winter, clinique dramatically different moisterurizer. A few weeks ago I bought St. Ives timeless (something like that) cream.  It's in a pretty big continer, and it's cheap.  A friend recommended it and I'm giving that a try.

*sorry for typos and misspelling!  Sometimes I hate my iPad.  When I go back to correct, I can't see a cursor.  Drives me crazy.

AM-BRAT
by Amber on Feb. 22, 2013 at 2:52 PM

Hi!! Thanks! Idk about 25, sometimes I feel I'm doin okay and sometimes NOT. I'll look into it, though the effects on my bedding is a concern. Not that we have nice stuff lol...

Quoting Mommy2justone:

So that is what you look like :) HI!!!!! 

I think you look about 25 and don't need make up at all! 

I have heard that using EVOO as a moisterizer before bed each night helps, 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)