Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Wrinkle cream/ collagen based products?

Posted by   + Show Post
Pic is now on pg 3. :)

I'm 32, pix in replies. I don't wear makeup persay- I use sheer powder, chapstick and an eyebrow pencil since they're sparse.

I don't like to use anything else. I always look the way I do in these pix. (albeit this is 2a at work so be easy on me!)

What can I use, affordably and simplistically to help prevent TOO many wrinkles? What do you gals like?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 5:15 AM
Replies (21-29):
MooNFaeRie30
by Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 5:34 PM

I do not use anything besides sunscreen. that is one of the best hings you can do. i am 30 btw. i think you look great! my mom and grandma both like yves rocher creams for wrinkle preventing, but i do not know how much it costs.

AM-BRAT
by Amber on Feb. 22, 2013 at 5:40 PM

I'll have to start looking around in stores...

Quoting MooNFaeRie30:

I do not use anything besides sunscreen. that is one of the best hings you can do. i am 30 btw. i think you look great! my mom and grandma both like yves rocher creams for wrinkle preventing, but i do not know how much it costs.

Bmat
by Barb on Feb. 22, 2013 at 6:20 PM
2 moms liked this

During the day this is all I use, too.

Quoting MooNFaeRie30:

AM-BRAT
by Amber on Feb. 22, 2013 at 6:34 PM

I changed the photo as I don't want any trouble over a no-photo thing while on my lunch. Who knows what could happen right?!
indymom72
by Bronze Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 6:57 PM

I have to be aggressive..lol...I'm 40 and trying to reverse years of sun damage!! ;)

Quoting AM-BRAT:

I wash with dove sensitive in the shower, and use a fragrance free lotion. That's it. I get the minerals powder, whatever is cheapest at Target lol.

Quoting indymom72:

I cleanse and moisturize twice a day, no matter what.  I use the Loreal face wash, but Strivectin cream for my eyes, face and neck.  I also wear Bare Minerals makeup, I like that it has sunscreen in it to offer even more protection.

AM-BRAT
by Amber on Feb. 22, 2013 at 11:56 PM
Lol! I like spf in my powder. I need to find some more serious regimens for my face while staying sensitive.

Quoting indymom72:

I have to be aggressive..lol...I'm 40 and trying to reverse years of sun damage!! ;)

Quoting AM-BRAT:

I wash with dove sensitive in the shower, and use a fragrance free lotion. That's it. I get the minerals powder, whatever is cheapest at Target lol.

Quoting indymom72:

I cleanse and moisturize twice a day, no matter what.  I use the Loreal face wash, but Strivectin cream for my eyes, face and neck.  I also wear Bare Minerals makeup, I like that it has sunscreen in it to offer even more protection.

Queen_Bree
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 12:16 AM
1 mom liked this

Raw shea butter is the answer when your older... I started using it when I was 30 this is me at 39 and 40.

Quoting indymom72:

Quoting AM-BRAT:

Quoting indymom72:

indymom72
by Bronze Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 8:06 AM

your skin is flawless..so pretty!!  Were do you buy the raw shea butter? 

Quoting Queen_Bree:

Raw shea butter is the answer when your older... I started using it when I was 30 this is me at 39 and 40.

Quoting indymom72:

Quoting AM-BRAT:

Quoting indymom72:

Queen_Bree
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 12:55 PM
1 mom liked this

a site called Medina online.They have the lowest price on Raw Shea butter $3.99 per pound. I use about 2 pounds per year for me and my family. Here are some benefits besides great skin...

AFRICAN SHEA BUTTER IS MADE FROM THE NUT OF THE AFRICAN SHEA TREE.  IT CONTAINS A RICH AMOUNT OF UNREMOVABLE FATTY ACID WHICH RENDERS IT FAR SUPERIOR TO COCOA BUTTER AND OTHER NATURAL VEGETABLE BUTTERS.  THIS FATTY ACID IS CRUCIAL TO REJUVENATING AND MOISTURIZING THE SKIN.  SHEA BUTTER PROVIDES ALL THE ESSENTIAL VITAMINS NEEDED TO MAKE SKIN LOOK AND FEEL SMOOTHER, SOFTER AND MOST IMPORTANTLY, HEALTHIER.  ITS THERAPEUTIC PROPERTIES PROTECT THE SKIN FROM WIND, COLD, SUN AND IT HELPS HEAL WOUNDS FASTER.  SHEA BUTTER STIMULATES CELLULAR ACTIVITY, FIGHTS THE EFFECTS OF AGING AND REPAIRS ROUGH, DAMAGED SKIN.
USAGE: 1.) Treatment of dry skin, eczema, and minor burns. 
2.) Pain relief from swelling and arthritis.
3.) Improves muscle relaxation and stiffness.
4.) Sunscreen, due to its rich content of vitamins E & F.
5.) Treats dark spots, skin discolorations, stretch marks, 
wrinkles and blemishes.
6.) Massages, diaper rash, and as a hair conditioner.

SHEA BUTTER DOES NOT EXPIRE.  STORE IN A COOL PLACE.

Shea Butter will provide improvement in all the conditions listed below. As you use this multi-purpose butter, you are likely to discover additional uses. The amount of time required for optimum results with various conditions may vary with each condition. Wrinkles, for example, require 4 to 6 weeks of daily use. Itching is relieved immediately.

Dry skin 
Skin rash 
Skin peeling, after tanning 
Blemishes and Wrinkles 
Itching skin 
Sunburn 
Shaving cream for a smooth silky shave 
Small skin wounds 
Skin cracks 
Tough or rough skin (Feet, Elbow) 
Cold weather 
Frost bites 
Stretch mark prevention during pregnancy 
Insect bites 
Healthy skin 
Muscle fatigue aches and tension 
For before and after strenuous exercise 
Skin allergies such as poison ivy or poison oak 
Eczema 
Dermatitis 
Skin damage from heat, hot grease while cooking, radiation treatment for certain medical problems... 

I wish you the best!

http://www.madinaonline.com/itemdesc.asp?ic=M210&eq=&Tp=
Quoting indymom72:

your skin is flawless..so pretty!!  Were do you buy the raw shea butter? 

Quoting Queen_Bree:

Quoting indymom72:

Quoting AM-BRAT:

Quoting indymom72:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured