Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ok, so definitely shouldn't have done that.

Posted by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 4:36 PM
  • 11 Replies

I'm 28 weeks pregnant and decided I could lift a 50-60lb box of books today. I know, I know. My husband already lectured me about it. I just haven't really gotten very big and have been able to do my normal things for almost all of this pregnancy so far, and I didn't think much of it. I know I hurt my shoulder doing it and my neck and back are really stiff, now. What's worrying me, however, is this really sharp pain I'm getting across the top of my stomach and below it... like right under my pelvic bone. It feels a lot like Braxton Hicks only sharper. I had always been told it's a myth you can hurt the baby lifting and it CANNOT send you into labor. Is that true? I left a message with my OB but haven't heard back, yet. I'm worrying a little.

by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 4:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Lindalou907
by Silver Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 4:41 PM

I don't know, but you probably just pulled a muscle, I did that just coughing once when I was pregnant and it felt like a sharp pain across my belly and it took a long time to heal. Hope your Doc calls soon!

alexis_06
by AnnaLisa on Feb. 22, 2013 at 6:31 PM

aww, hope your dr calls you back soon!! hopefully everything is ok.

alexis_06
by AnnaLisa on Feb. 22, 2013 at 6:32 PM

thats what i was thinkin too

Quoting Lindalou907:

I don't know, but you probably just pulled a muscle, I did that just coughing once when I was pregnant and it felt like a sharp pain across my belly and it took a long time to heal. Hope your Doc calls soon!

Mommy2justone
by Mommy2justtwo on Feb. 22, 2013 at 6:32 PM

I hope your OB has you come in to be seen. I am glad your husband agreed that wasn't a good idea. 

saucymama519
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 10:06 PM

Just got home from L&D. My OB had me go in. They think I tore a muscle in my abdomen but the baby was fine. I was having contractions but they were very mild and sporratic and I wasn't dialating. I'm not allowed to lift and am on "light duty" for a week or more depending on when I start to feel better.

Lesson learned.

Mom2Just1
by Mom2boys on Feb. 22, 2013 at 10:12 PM
Glad you're okay.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
saucymama519
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 1:43 AM
Thank you. I'm feeling like a huge idiot right now.
meliscool72
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 1:51 AM

if you are worried just go in and see the doctor. If you are worried during a pregnancy, then don't wait and get seen. 

Maggie.ames
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 8:44 AM

Moms, just a small word of advice. 36 years ago I was pregnant with my first. I was upstairs trying to knock the cat off the bed and I started bleeding. No pain at all but I knew to call my doctor. He said get to the hospital NOW. Ok, I went to the hospital sitting on folded bath towels and bled through all of then. Still wasn't worried I was young and just thought it was normal. Remember this was 36 years ago. Got inside the hospital and was sitting there in a wheelchair still bleeding and my doctor comes in screaming at all the nurses to get me into the operating room immediately. They were running all over the place but they did get me to an operating room.When he put me under, all I saw were red sheets everywhere. I didn't expect to wake up but he said my child would be ok. It was I believe abrupto placenta and my baby was drowning in my own blood. I'd had a completely normal pregnancy and had no idea this was coming. My son was born at 9:00 pm and my husband was told at 3:00 am that I had made it. I know this sounds like the dark ages to you, but it was very real to me. Please take it easy. All I did was try to get the cat down from my bed. 

KawaiiLila
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 8:46 AM
My friend lost a baby this way.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured