Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ok, so definitely shouldn't have done that.

Posted by   + Show Post

I'm 28 weeks pregnant and decided I could lift a 50-60lb box of books today. I know, I know. My husband already lectured me about it. I just haven't really gotten very big and have been able to do my normal things for almost all of this pregnancy so far, and I didn't think much of it. I know I hurt my shoulder doing it and my neck and back are really stiff, now. What's worrying me, however, is this really sharp pain I'm getting across the top of my stomach and below it... like right under my pelvic bone. It feels a lot like Braxton Hicks only sharper. I had always been told it's a myth you can hurt the baby lifting and it CANNOT send you into labor. Is that true? I left a message with my OB but haven't heard back, yet. I'm worrying a little.

by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 4:36 PM
Replies (11-11):
Bmat
by Barb on Feb. 23, 2013 at 9:57 AM

Thank you for the update.  Gosh- good thing that you aren't in labor, but too bad about the torn muscle- that must be terribly painful. 

Quoting saucymama519:

Just got home from L&D. My OB had me go in. They think I tore a muscle in my abdomen but the baby was fine. I was having contractions but they were very mild and sporratic and I wasn't dialating. I'm not allowed to lift and am on "light duty" for a week or more depending on when I start to feel better.

Lesson learned.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured