Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Birth Control??

Posted by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 10:25 AM
  • 13 Replies

I have NEVER been on any form of birth control and am really nervous about pumping extra hormones into my body.I have done a bit of research and it seems like everything causes negative effects.I also see the commercials on tv talking about suing because of blood clots, etc. It freaks me out! But we recently had our second child and I do not want anymore.The idea of condoms makes me feel like I'm 18 years old. What do you use?

by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 10:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AM-BRAT
by Amber on Feb. 23, 2013 at 11:45 AM

After the kids I used low hormone stuff for BF.

Then went to the regular pill, and it worked great. *I* had no adverse side affects.

But then, when DH and I were done FOR SURE he got fixed. There's just no sense in me using extra hormones and whatnot.

I have way more sexual want now too which is funny, I never noticed it was dwindling.  :)

Everyone here will like something different and don't let the horror stories get to you. GL!

Kelguest
by New Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 11:48 AM

I am on the Depo shot, it suits me fine, no problems on it and i dont get periods.

VictoriaAnn44
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 11:52 AM

Which pill do you take? I have heard people say a major side effect is low sex drive. That is the last thing I need right now lol and mood swings as well.

Quoting AM-BRAT:

Then went to the regular pill, and it worked great. *I* had no adverse side affects.

But then, when DH and I were done FOR SURE he got fixed. There's just no sense in me using extra hormones and whatnot.

I have way more sexual want now too which is funny, I never noticed it was dwindling.  :)

Everyone here will like something different and don't let the horror stories get to you. GL!

VictoriaAnn44
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 11:54 AM

That one I haven't looked into yet.The whole no period thing kind of freaks me out though.Not that I enjoy getting it.

Quoting Kelguest:

I am on the Depo shot, it suits me fine, no problems on it and i dont get periods.

AM-BRAT
by Amber on Feb. 23, 2013 at 12:02 PM

Let me think hard lol...

It kept changing names as I was taking it, probably due to all the lawsuits lmao.

Ortho- something. Mmmmm. Ocella? Then something else. Sorry!!

Quoting VictoriaAnn44:

Which pill do you take? I have heard people say a major side effect is low sex drive. That is the last thing I need right now lol and mood swings as well.

Quoting AM-BRAT:

LizzieAnnesMom
by Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 12:02 PM
I used nuva ring, i don't recommend it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
VictoriaAnn44
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 12:05 PM

That sounds reassuring lol thank you 

Quoting AM-BRAT:

Let me think hard lol...

It kept changing names as I was taking it, probably due to all the lawsuits lmao.

Quoting VictoriaAnn44:

Quoting AM-BRAT:

MJP76
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 12:06 PM

http://www.parents.com/parenting/relationships/postpartum-birth-control/side-effects-of-birth-control/

read that link... It's 3 pages long, and there are other links as well.

VictoriaAnn44
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 12:12 PM
1 mom liked this

Thank you 

Quoting MJP76:

http://www.parents.com/parenting/relationships/postpartum-birth-control/side-effects-of-birth-control/

read that link... It's 3 pages long, and there are other links as well.

AM-BRAT
by Amber on Feb. 23, 2013 at 12:27 PM
Well exactly! Nothing is 100% reliable or safe.

But some things work for some people and it honestly did for me!

Gl mama bc can be tough. :)

Quoting VictoriaAnn44:

That sounds reassuring lol thank you 

Quoting AM-BRAT:

Let me think hard lol...

Quoting VictoriaAnn44:

Quoting AM-BRAT:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN