Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Health Question need advice....

Posted by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 5:46 PM
  • 8 Replies

So i've been having pains in my upper right side still and i did go in and get checked at the er once the doctor pushed his fingers against the spot that was hurting i almost screamed he did think it was something to do with my gallbladder but only did bloodtests, and said they didnt find anything wrong, well im still having serve pain and takeing any pain meds it dont go away, nothing really does. I'm not exactly sure what else to do. I have no insurance so this is kinda hard. Any suggestions?

by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 5:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 5:55 PM

All i can think of is needing xrays or a cat scan.

Nicholy10
by Bronze Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 7:30 PM

I had that. Severe pain in my right side and non-stop vomitting for 3 weeks. First test they ran blood work...it looked good. Doctor swore I must have a virus or something. Got severely dehydrated from the vomitting so when to ER...they did X-ray, it was good. They gave me fluids and meds then sent me home. They said if I got dehydrated again or pain intensified come back. So I did sonogram was done. It was good. They gave me meds and fluids then sent me home. With same instructions to return. I had to go back, that time they did CT scan. It was good. Finally went back to my doctor demanded he do something because I'd been throwing up everything even ice chips for 3 weeks, lost 10 pounds, and my side felt like I was constantly being stabbed. He sent me for a hida-scan (checks the functionality of gallbladder). Mine was functioning at 24%. It apparently didn't empty like it was suppose to. After that I was referred to a surgeon and got my gallbladder removed. That was about a month ago. Since it's been removed, I can eat again and not throw up. And my only pain is related to the incisions that are healing. 

AmiJanell
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 7:44 PM
Have them relook at your gall bladder it can get worse over time and they might see something now
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
AmiJanell
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 7:44 PM
Have them relook at your gall bladder it can get worse over time and they might see something now
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MJP76
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 8:40 PM
1 mom liked this

Go to another ER and get a second opinion.

alexis_06
by AnnaLisa on Feb. 24, 2013 at 4:48 AM

yup!! thats what i would do

Quoting MJP76:

Go to another ER and get a second opinion.

DarlaHood
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 5:05 AM

ER is the most expensive option if you are paying.  Only go if you have to.  Otherwise going through your doctor or urgent care is cheaper.  You've already been advised about a re-check of your gall bladder, but you might want them also to check your liver because it is around there somewhere too. 

You could also have bruised a rib or the muscle over the rib cage.  One time I had a rib knocked out of it's place, and I had a sharp pain every time I tried to breathe.  I had no idea what it was, and it felt muscular.  After going to the doc and finding nothing, I went to the massage therapist at the chiropractic, and she felt it and said, "Oh you have a rib out."  What???  She goes and gets the chiropractor and he (pretty violently pushed with both hands and all his weight.  It went back in place but was still painful and I had to take a painpill that night and for a couple of days.  

Ajsmommy2012
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 3:34 PM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)