Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

DAYCARE OWNERS/DIRECTORS/MANAGERS PLEASE RESPOND?

Posted by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 11:17 PM
  • 4 Replies

I live in Canada and would prefer canadian moms to answer but will take what I can get.

I am working on my business plan to open a daycare centre and struggling through the financials.

How do I calculate the cost of service per child?  

I tried adding up monthly expenses and dividing them by the number of children but the amount is so high that I end up in the negative :(

I have looked at other daycare business plan examples and their cost for service is around $10 per child, way less then mine.  I cannot figure out how they cme to that amount!

I sure hope someone can help me?  Or at least send me in the right direction for advice on this?

TYIA

by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 11:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Mommytoaangel
by Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 11:25 PM
I try to figure what are they going to be getting i figure breakfast lunch an 2 snacks i figure 20 dollers per child staying after there pick up time is 5 dollers for every 15 mins i want to open my own day care good luck
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
alexis_06
by AnnaLisa on Feb. 24, 2013 at 4:41 AM

i have nooo idea..so here's a bump for ya, hopefully you can find some answers!!

ps - i'm from canada too!!  (vancouver)   :)

DieselsMom
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 4:55 AM

Why on earth is breakfast lunch and 2 snacks 20 dollars per child!??!?!!?! it should cost that per CLASS for a day....

MamaZena
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 2:04 PM

I dont feed the children, they bring their own food so I do feed them lol but do not provide food.  I ended up just leving that out of my business plan as I found service businesses do not need a cost per service.  Thanks anyway!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)