Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Egg donation

Posted by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 5:54 PM
  • 12 Replies

Hey!! I am very interested in donating my eggs. My husband and I are 90% sure we are done having kids, and I am only 28 so I know someone could use my eggs! What egg donation programs are reliable?? I live in MD close to DE - There are so many programs out there that this is all so overwhelming!! Any advice?? Thanks!! :)

p.s. not that this is what it's about, but also how much money can you get from donating? Different sites say different things...

by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 5:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
NearSeattleMom
by Gold Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 4:03 AM

Wow, I have no idea. 

Good luck!

alexis_06
by AnnaLisa on Feb. 26, 2013 at 5:23 AM
No idea..good luck tho
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommy2justone
by Mommy2justtwo on Feb. 26, 2013 at 9:24 AM
1 mom liked this

I think you are doing an amazing thing for a family :) 
Good luck in finding the right place!  

marisab
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 10:21 AM

BUMP!

AM-BRAT
by Amber on Feb. 26, 2013 at 10:24 AM

I looked into once when I was thinking about surrogacy as well.

They put you on some serious meds to force ovulation and time ovulation and such, and there's life restrictions for YOU, to keep the eggs safe, viable, and keep you from getting pregnant.

I don't remember much else, I'm sorry. 

I hope you find the info you're looking for.  :)   I think now, it'd be hard for me to imagine my kids would have half-siblings somewhere. But I totally get the need. Good for you!

kali_mom
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 11:15 AM
I have only looked into surrogacy before so no info about egg donation. I am sure you will connect with a place that you know is the right fit. Good luck!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
la_bella_vita
by Gold Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 2:48 PM

Good luck!

kirbymom
by Bronze Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 3:47 PM

Hi fenderkw.  :)

Here is a search results page that I came up with if you would like to check it out.....

http://search.yahoo.com/search?toggle=1&cop=mss&ei=UTF-8&fr=avantsearch5&p=donating+fertile+eggs+in+maryland

anotherandree
by Inga on Feb. 26, 2013 at 4:05 PM

When I was an undergrad at Purdue (MANY years ago), I did an egg donation program through ConceiveAbilities.  I was 20 at the time and just answered an ad they had in the college paper, but they were great.  Their communication was amazing and the process was cool, not scary like I thought it would be.  They are out of Dallas, but I was able to do everything local, they paid for everything and flew me out when I needed to be there for anything face-to-face.

SexyTeacher
by Gold Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 4:19 PM

I did egg donation when I was in college for a sole reason....money. As a college student I needed every penny I could get. I was put on strong medication to stimulate my body. After 30 days my eggs were harvested-15 the first time and 30 days later 18 were harvested. I have no idea how many viable pregnancies came out of this donation and at the time I didn't really care. It would be nice to know if and how many families I helped but that is not possible.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)