Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Yellow Teeth

Posted by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 7:38 AM
  • 9 Replies
Im having this problem with my teeth. How do you ladies get your teeth really white. I brush every day.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 7:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
ZakkarysMom
by Silver Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 7:54 AM
BUMP
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
heidi749
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 8:30 AM

I get a professinal cleaning yearly, I also use a baking soda & peroxide solution to brush my teeth  twice a week, and I do it more the week before I get my teeth cleaned, so the cleaning is not as harsh to me, I use sensodyne brilliant whitening toothpaste. I think some people, are more prone to teeth yellowing then others though, so what works for me, may not work for you, you should talk to your dentist about it.

ZakkarysMom
by Silver Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 8:41 AM
I use Colgate Optic White.

Quoting heidi749:

I get a professinal cleaning yearly, I also use a baking soda & peroxide solution to brush my teeth  twice a week, and I do it more the week before I get my teeth cleaned, so the cleaning is not as harsh to me, I use sensodyne brilliant whitening toothpaste. I think some people, are more prone to teeth yellowing then others though, so what works for me, may not work for you, you should talk to your dentist about it.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
heidi749
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 8:52 AM

Not all those "whitener" tooth paste products are that great IMO. I got that 3D whitening by crest, my teeth started getting overly sensitive, so I went right back to the sensodyne, I really did not see a my teeth being whiter either, so I just use peroxide and baxing soda.

Quoting ZakkarysMom:

I use Colgate Optic White.

Quoting heidi749:

Mommy2justone
by Mommy2justtwo on Feb. 26, 2013 at 8:54 AM

I use baking soda directly on my teeth as a paste once every couple weeks. It helps but can scratch your enamel so I only do it if I notice they are getting slightly yellow. 
Flossing also helps, and a good mouthwash.  

sweetmomma326
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 5:32 PM

Dilute a peroxide solution with water and rinse every other day. It helps to remove surface stains, but if they are deeper, you may want to see a dentist.

crwspringer
by Silver Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 5:38 PM
The crest strips work pretty well but can be expensive. I personally would look for dentists who gave a sale for zoom. I've seen is as cheap as $200.

A lot of how your teeth look has to do with what you eat/drink. Use straws if you drink soda. Do you drink coffee? That is a major stainer.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ZakkarysMom
by Silver Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 6:14 PM
I drink caffeine free pepsi. :/

Quoting crwspringer:

The crest strips work pretty well but can be expensive. I personally would look for dentists who gave a sale for zoom. I've seen is as cheap as $200.

A lot of how your teeth look has to do with what you eat/drink. Use straws if you drink soda. Do you drink coffee? That is a major stainer.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GELiz
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 8:06 PM

Be very careful. The color of your teeth is inherited. Changing the color may change the strength of your enamel. I have naturally yellowish enamel.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)