Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Anybody in pa?

Posted by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 8:16 AM
  • 9 Replies
Me and dh are thinking of moving to pa I can't stand it here in md anymore I'm from md and the prices for anything are way to high. This state has become way to expensive to even live comfortably in we have been to pa a bunch of times and it always seems so peaceful and anybody I have met from there is so nice and the prices are so much cheaper. So my question is where in pa is a good place to live and what areas should I avoid even considering living in?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 8:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Beenhereforever
by Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 8:17 AM
There is a great group Pennsylvania moms.. I moved here a year ago from California. Everyone is so freaking nice. Seriously, I love it here. I'm in Pittsburgh.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LogansMommy0328
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 8:21 AM
Thank you ill look that group up. Wow that's quite a move all the way from Cali my husband had boot camp there and was sent there a few times he said that the prices are outrageous there.

Quoting Beenhereforever:

There is a great group Pennsylvania moms.. I moved here a year ago from California. Everyone is so freaking nice. Seriously, I love it here. I'm in Pittsburgh.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bmat
by Barb on Feb. 26, 2013 at 8:32 AM

I love PA.  The only thing I can think of is the hilly roads in the winter, but people deal with that.  I used to spend summers in PA with my grandparents.

Beenhereforever
by Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 8:50 AM
It's just different here.. I know Cali is very expensive.
Mommy2justone
by Mommy2justtwo on Feb. 26, 2013 at 8:56 AM

I hope you find your dream place to live :) 
I always say I want to move somewhere that is warm all the time, but then I visit florida for a week and miss my state LOL! 

cjsmom1
by Silver Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 9:01 AM
I live in PA and it is much cheaper then a lot of places nearby.
LogansMommy0328
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 9:17 AM

i have 2 dream places to live Alaska or ireland i love the cold i love snow and winter never really been much for summer or heat but i have been to fl a bunch of times and always had fun! but pa seems like a nice place to live and raise a family my kids are still very young (3 and 4) so they should adjust pretty well

Quoting Mommy2justone:

I hope you find your dream place to live :) 
I always say I want to move somewhere that is warm all the time, but then I visit florida for a week and miss my state LOL! 

notjstasocermom
by Bronze Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 9:30 AM

I now live in PA and its ok, the cost of living is lower but I reallymiss the south.

spunky946
by Bronze Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 11:25 AM

I'm in pittsburgh and love it, but I grew up here.  Great pace to live. Lots of suburbs and schools.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN