Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

My son is being bullied....

Posted by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 11:58 AM
  • 68 Replies

My 6 year old son is special needs.  He doesn't understand that some kids are just mean.  This one child has attacked my son so many times since the beginning of October.  Ive envoled the Police, had my son in the ER and help multiple meetings with school officals. Nothing is being done.  I've gone to the board and was told they can only advise.  Well I've followed all steps prior to getting the advisment from the board and have gotten nowhere.  Again this child went after my son yesterday on the bus and still nothing is being done.  I can't afford to pull my son from school as that is where all he services he needs are being offered.  This child has not only tripped my son off the steps of the bus, but has jumped on his back, knocked him down, pushed him off playground equipment, stabbed my son with a pencil, almost busted his orbital socket and kicked and punched my son.  The school just isnt taking this seriously.  My son is terrified to go to school everyday.  This kid rides the same bus and is in the same classroom.  Help me momma's!  What do I do?  Where do I go?

by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 11:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mommy2justone
by Mommy2justtwo on Feb. 26, 2013 at 11:59 AM
5 moms liked this

I would find out who is parents are and press charges.

mlg1989
by Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 12:00 PM
Maybe try talking to the principal and list the incidents that have happen and tell him he NEEDS to take this seriously because the police are involved now. If they dont do anything i would suggest switching schools.
mlg1989
by Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 12:01 PM
Quoting Mommy2justone:

I would find out who is parents are and press charges.

This as well. Maybe talk to his parents and tell them the situation. No one wants to think their child is bullying so maybe they are blissfully unaware?
rugratsmommy4
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 12:06 PM
His parents know the situation. They actually have been cussing at the school for calling them about it. They get upset everytime they have to come to the school for a meeting or have to pick up their son. The sad thing is they aren't mad at their son, their mad at the school. I've requested the child be moved to another classroom as it's harder for my son to transistion to a new enviroment but they refuse. The day this child pushed my son off the playground equipment, he and 2 other students started slamming my son's head into the pavement. I would love to put my son in other district but I medically can't drive and my husband can't switch shifts at work til May. My mom told me to get an attorney and go after the district. I just don't know what to do. I can't keep my son home because he needs so much but I can't keep sending him to a place where hes terrified to go and that wont keep him safe.
Mommy2justone
by Mommy2justtwo on Feb. 26, 2013 at 12:09 PM
1 mom liked this

I agree with your mother. But I would be pressing charges against the parents and the school. The parents for the medical bills and the school for not protecting your child. 

Quoting rugratsmommy4:

His parents know the situation. They actually have been cussing at the school for calling them about it. They get upset everytime they have to come to the school for a meeting or have to pick up their son. The sad thing is they aren't mad at their son, their mad at the school. I've requested the child be moved to another classroom as it's harder for my son to transistion to a new enviroment but they refuse. The day this child pushed my son off the playground equipment, he and 2 other students started slamming my son's head into the pavement. I would love to put my son in other district but I medically can't drive and my husband can't switch shifts at work til May. My mom told me to get an attorney and go after the district. I just don't know what to do. I can't keep my son home because he needs so much but I can't keep sending him to a place where hes terrified to go and that wont keep him safe.

Zazayam
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 12:20 PM
1 mom liked this

I -think- if you call CPS you can get a lot of helpful info from a caseworker. I would probably listen to your mother and go after the school. That's uncalled for and something needs to change, it's not at all ok for them to just let it slide.

ZakkarysMom
by Silver Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 12:20 PM
Oh my. That is awful. What is wrong with that kid?? I would press charges as the other ladies have said. NO child should have to put up with that crap. Especially a child with special needs.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Marimaru
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 12:26 PM

I'd be finding a way to try to press charges against the parents and the school.

rugratsmommy4
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 12:29 PM

The officer I spoke with and filed a report with said he can't press charges against anyone, I don't believe it.  He also said that if the child attacking my son was 10 he'd go to the school and slap the cuffs on him right then for criminal assualt.  My daughter even got in trouble for going after this kid when he went after my son.  Sorry but my husband and I told my daughter to stand up for her brother no matter what the consequence.  We'd reward her.  I am not for violence of any kind being a survivor of Domestic Violence, but I wont stand around and continue to allow a child beat up my child.

rugratsmommy4
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 12:31 PM

The garage did inform this today that they do have this child swinging at my son yesterday morning on the bus on tape.  Just no one will answer my calls are return my calls.  I guess they don't like to talk to me when I'm extremely angry, yelling and cussing....It's my child for pete's sake!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)