Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

I am starting to get really annoyed with my daughter's teacher!!!!

Posted by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 4:17 PM
  • 43 Replies
1 mom liked this

I have posted about this before, but I am posting again because I am furious. I give my daughter a bagel and cream cheese every day for lunch to bring to school. This is one of her favorite foods. One of her teachers has told me, multiple times in the past, that I should bring something different for her to eat. I have tried, but she refuses to let me put anything other than a bagel in her lunchbox. Today, my daughter only ate half the bagel. Her teacher made such a big deal about it and was very nasty. She told me "She only ate half the bagel. I threw the other half in the garbage. She didn't want it. I told you to start bringing in something else for lunch." What do you mean "you told me"? She was very nasty and she has no right to tell me what to do with my child or what to feed her. So what if she only ate half her lunch. It doesn't mean she didn't like it. She may not have been that hungry. I am thinking of going to the director of my daughter's preschool. I have already spoken to the teacher herself (who happens to be an assistant teacher) and when that didn't work, I went to the head teacher. Now, I think it's time to go further up the line. How dare a teacher be rude to a parent. My tuition pays her salary. I am sorry for the long rant but I am very upset, as you can see. Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 4:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 4:21 PM
1 mom liked this

I would definitely get a meeting set up with teacher and her boss to discuss this issue that is ongoing.  My girl is extremely picky so we try to introduce things to her but will pack her "comfort"foods which at this moment is fruit and a juice box or she buys milk at school.  She is in 1st grade.  When we pack her hot lunches, the teacher helps by making sure she is eating that before she takes her own lunch break.

lanceandhailey
by Silver Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 4:24 PM
1 mom liked this

Wow and I was being told that this wasn't sufficient for my sons lunch on here last night.. As for your post, I'd just tell the teacher to mind her own and keep sending whatever I saw fit.

CorpCityGrl
by Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 4:26 PM
1 mom liked this

I would definitely talk to her boss because this is an ongoing issue and it's obvious that dealing with her direclty does nothing. 

jabs54
by Platinum Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 4:28 PM

I don't think she needs to be telling you what to feed your child.  I would go to the director and tell them that you want these comments stopped!

x_Starr_x
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 4:30 PM
I'd tell her to go fuck herself and last time you checked your kid didn't come outta her vag also I'd request for her to have a diff teacher.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mommy2justone
by Mommy2justtwo on Feb. 26, 2013 at 4:32 PM
1 mom liked this

Well, she did have a right to tell you what to bring your child for lunch. Schools have to make sure children are getting the right things to eat. 
I am not saying you are wrong for sending that for her for lunch, but the teacher does the have the right, and the responsibility to say something.  

norahsmommy
by Silver Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 4:32 PM
That is a very nice lunch!!

Quoting lanceandhailey:

Wow and I was being told that this wasn't sufficient for my sons lunch on here last night.. As for your post, I'd just tell the teacher to mind her own and keep sending whatever I saw fit.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dominic062407
by Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 4:33 PM
1 mom liked this
Tell her I told YOU to keep your damn mouth shut and slap her in her fAce LOL LOL LOL
Sagely
by Bronze Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 4:37 PM
6 moms liked this
I have to say this. Blame the shitty day I'm having.

Catering to your child's tastebuds is weak parenting. Preschoolers will not starve themselves. At least not for very long. If your intent is to provide your child with the best you possibly can (the intent of most parents), you should be instilling in her healthy eating habits which requires variety. She needs those essential nutrients for proper growth and development. She should be having adequate servings of whole grains, fresh fruits and veggies, protein-rich foods, and dairy every single day.

That said, your kid's teacher is a dipshit. I don't agree with your sentiment that your tuition pays her salary, because I'm guessing her salary isn't actually based on what YOU pay, but rather the budget of the provider who hired her, but that aside, you're not paying them in exchange for disrespect.

If she had an ounce of intelligence, she would have handled her concerns over your child's diet with some diplomacy. Provided you with information about healthy lunch options, because hey, maybe you dont know any better. Expressed her concerns that your dd seems to be lacking energy or focus at the end of the day or something to indicate the basis behind her concern. Kids have phases, sometimes they are bottomless pits, swallowing every edible thing you've got and still going to bed hungry, and sometimes they just don't have an appetite. Simply informing you that she only had half her bagel at lunch today would have been adequate. She needn't worry about that until she notices your dd losing weight or something.
moneysaver6
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 4:39 PM
What could possibly be wrong with this lunch?

Quoting lanceandhailey:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)