Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Harmful chemicals in baby oil and lotions. This freaked me out! I will only use natural oils from now on!

Posted by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 4:23 PM
  • 23 Replies
1 mom liked this

Hello, I have been using all natural oils for my own skin as well as for baby because they are non toxic, hypoallergenic, and completely safe (unlike chemically saturated products we use). I use a product I found on Amazon called Earth Oils 100% Pure Jojoba Oil. I absolutely LOVE this product and found it to be much cheaper than other jojoba sellers. It is PH balanced and works all over body (and hair) and is perfect for baby. I hope this helps all the moms that prefer to take charge of their health and the health of their children.

NOTE: Johnson's baby oil contains Isoprene which in toxicity reports has been found to cause atrophy and edemas in the testes, hyperplasia (cancer causing) and degeneration of the stomachs of lab mice. You can look it up if you need to see for yourself. 

Have a blessed day. 

by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 4:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LuLuRex
by Bronze Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 5:18 PM
1 mom liked this

Thanks for sharing this information :)

AromaDrops33
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 5:21 PM

I agree with you, a lot of body care products have harmful chemicals in them. I use coconut oil with lavender essential oil or wild orange. I also use DoTerra unscented cream and add essential oils

MrsJoe125
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 5:25 PM

Thank you for the info!

I do try to go all natural; I was thinking about talking to dh about toothpaste and mouthwash next, but I'd like some advice: what would you say is the best place to start (biggest difference in toxicity for the lowest increase in cost; getting rid of the most chemicals in one or a few items)?

AromaDrops33
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 10:34 AM
1 mom liked this

Not to butt in, but I have a few customers making they're own toothpaste and mouth wash using essential oils. They are all natural, free of chemicals. If you'd like more info, feel free to message me

Quoting MrsJoe125:

Thank you for the info!

I do try to go all natural; I was thinking about talking to dh about toothpaste and mouthwash next, but I'd like some advice: what would you say is the best place to start (biggest difference in toxicity for the lowest increase in cost; getting rid of the most chemicals in one or a few items)?

JasonsMom2007
by Platinum Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 10:36 AM
Yeah we only use stuff like coconut oil, castile soap, etc.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mommy2justone
by Mommy2justtwo on Feb. 27, 2013 at 10:38 AM

I am glad you are using natural products. I don't use J&J either. They claim to be taking out the cancer causing chemicals, but I don't believe them. 

Mommy2justone
by Mommy2justtwo on Feb. 27, 2013 at 10:38 AM
1 mom liked this

Oh, welcome to the group!

Mama_Dolly
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 10:40 AM
Thanks for the info... dh is the one who usually buys care prducts. And he gets Johnson and johnsons ... even showing him this
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Arietta
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 3:52 PM

I'm very curious about this. I've been trying to go all natural with all the products I use. What oils etc. would I need to make my own tooth paste and mouth wash?  Would I need to add baking soda to the tooth paste mix? I hate knowingly ingesting chemicals, so I simply love this idea. Thank you for the info. This blog is a wonderful thing.

LoveMyLos
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 3:56 PM
Is the results from daily use? I use jj baby oil on my dd but not daily.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN