Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Left with a hole

Posted by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 2:13 PM
  • 5 Replies

In december I miscarried my baby girl. She was my 4th child and only girl. and while the entire family is celebrating the news that my sister is having twins im still left with a hole in my heart. I want to adopt now, Ive become quite determined about it. So does anyone have any advice?

by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 2:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
JTE11
by Bronze Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 2:21 PM

I would first say I'm so sorry that your Lo was lost.  I've had miscarriages and it can be so hard to deal with. All I can say is if you truly want to adopt then follow your heart but I would gently recommend making sure you give yourself time to work through the feelings you have about your miscarriage first. It wouldn't be fair for the new child to have a mother who is distracted by unresolved grief. I wish you the best of luck. :) xx

Mommy2justone
by Mommy2justtwo on Feb. 27, 2013 at 2:33 PM

I am so sorry for your loss. 

DragonMother10
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 2:35 PM
So sorry for your loss. I have been there. Be happy for your sister. My friend just had a miscarriage and I am pregnant with my 2nd, but she doesn't resent me. I helped her get through the miscarriage as I have gone through it. She is happy for me, it just wasn't her time to have her 2nd. She isn't sure when she will be ready. Why do you feel you need to adopt? I mean don't get me wrong, that is a great idea, but having a miscarriage shouldn't discourage you from trying again.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
anotherandree
by Inga on Feb. 27, 2013 at 2:36 PM

That is some GREAT advice!  Many hospitals can put you in touch with a grief counselor.  Also, many churches might be able point you in right direction for adoption.

Quoting JTE11:

I would first say I'm so sorry that your Lo was lost.  I've had miscarriages and it can be so hard to deal with. All I can say is if you truly want to adopt then follow your heart but I would gently recommend making sure you give yourself time to work through the feelings you have about your miscarriage first. It wouldn't be fair for the new child to have a mother who is distracted by unresolved grief. I wish you the best of luck. :) xx

EsmeVincent
by Bronze Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 2:42 PM
First I want to give you a hug, I'm so sorry for your loss.
Second I don't know how to go about adopting....but I think you and your Dh need to sit down and talk about everything...he needs to wantto adopt too
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN