Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

do you camp?

Posted by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 3:54 PM
  • 51 Replies
1 mom liked this

if you do where? do you use a tent? camper? do you go to a campground?

We camp multiple times during the summer on some family land. We just bought a new screen house and tent.

by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 3:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AleaKat
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 3:56 PM
I did as a kid but no my kids have never been camping. I feel myself getting to be less and less if an outdoors person
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
notjstasocermom
by Bronze Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 3:58 PM

our youngest is already asking to go,  she can't wait.

LoveMyLos
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 3:59 PM
Last summer was me and my kids first time camping. Tents in the middle of nowhere for a week. Adderondaks. In july. In august we went again, but at a camp ground not so desolate....and came face to face with a black bear.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
notjstasocermom
by Bronze Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 4:00 PM

Quoting LoveMyLos:

Last summer was me and my kids first time camping. Tents in the middle of nowhere for a week. Adderondaks. In july. In august we went again, but at a camp ground not so desolate....and came face to face with a black bear.

wow scary, luckily we've had no issues with wild animals

LoveMyLos
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 4:03 PM
Dude, it was awesome! We are doing the same place again this july. Lol

Quoting notjstasocermom:

Quoting LoveMyLos:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
notjstasocermom
by Bronze Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 4:05 PM

where do you go?

Quoting LoveMyLos:

Quoting notjstasocermom:

Quoting LoveMyLos:

LoveMyLos
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 4:11 PM
The week long trip was at lila lake. That was like....6 1/2 hours from the nearest body..lol the bear one was at limekiln. She wouldve moved on if me and my brother werent drunk and remembered to put the garbage in the bear box. Lolol

Quoting notjstasocermom:

where do you go?

Quoting LoveMyLos:

Quoting notjstasocermom:

Quoting LoveMyLos:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MJP76
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 4:13 PM

No no, I'm a very 5 star hotel kinda girl.

i love doing outdoor things, but I also like a shower and a nice bed at the end of the day. :)

IWantLotsOfKids
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 4:14 PM
1 mom liked this
We are serious campers. We go to a near by national park, we know where all the secluded places are. We used an awesome 3 room tent up until this past summer until we got a pull behind camper. This year there will be 7 (im due in the next two weeks with baby #5) of us in that little camper, so we may end up breaking the tent out as well. LOL
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
meaganmac
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 5:08 PM
We camp as often as we can in the summer. My husband wants to buy a trailer or 5th wheel but I prefer to be in the tent. Our kids love it and we often go with my mom, brother and SIL too. We also have a boat so even when we're not camping we're always at the lake.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN