Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Fedreal Still processing

Posted by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 4:43 PM
  • 3 Replies

Alright just like what the post says my federal tax income is still processing, I filed Jan 25th, it wasn't accepted until Feb 14th and now currently it still says its being processed because I have that sudent credit. I received both of my state I guess I am just wondering if anyone else is experiencing the same thing as me.

by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 4:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
steffielou_who
by Silver Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 5:04 PM

Yep.. Mine actually no longer says I will recieve it in 3 weeks.. It says now that a date will be given when available.. FML!

Gemini_MomOfTwo
by Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 5:17 PM
A lady at the irs told me that remaining 8863 filers should get a due date this saturday IF your return didnt have any errors or up for review. I hope its true.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ferne3
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 5:29 PM

There was a lot of news this was to be expected.  Filing early means you are getting a faster turn-around than later filers, but this is due to the extreme delay in the approval of Congress of the budget at the end of last year/beginning of this.  What happens when Congress (both parties) play games with each other and wait until the last minute, means the IRS doesn't start what they need to do - software upgrades, forms, etc. until late too.  This delays the entire process.  I know, it sucks.  I don't work for any of them, just an accountant.  If you don't like it, the best things you can do is vote out the people who are in office who play these games and contact the ones that are there to quit playing them.  It is happening again right now.  I heard that since so few people contact their reps, some only need 6 phone calls to change the way they do things - since the assume for every person who reaches out to them, there are 2000+ who feel the same way.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)