Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

is it bad?

Posted by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 5:02 PM
  • 15 Replies
I'm 15 weeks pregnant. I have only felt the baby move a few times since I was 9 weeks. But everyone says they really start to feel the baby at 14 with there 2 or 3 pregnancy. Is it bad I haven't ? This is also my 2 pregnancy
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 5:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 5:03 PM

No.  Some babies arent active until much later.  Talk to doctor about any concerns since they have the machinery to monitor closer.

demure7242
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 5:19 PM
I agree. Don't hesitate to call the dr. Even just talking to them or having baby monitored will make you feel so much better.

Quoting frndlyfn:

No.  Some babies arent active until much later.  Talk to doctor about any concerns since they have the machinery to monitor closer.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
stepconfused182
by Kelley on Feb. 27, 2013 at 8:13 PM
No don't be worried. Everyone has different anatomy and 15 weeks is still really early to be consistently feeling movement. Worrying will just cause unnecessary stress!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
StacyO722
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 8:20 PM
2 moms liked this

It just depends. Some times the babies can be felt earlier, sometimes they can't. It also has to do with where your placenta is placed. If it's in the back, you tend to feel it easier and earlier. If it is in the front, it's harder to feel. That's a lot more tissue between the baby and where you can feel it. When you get your next ultrasound, ask the tech where your placenta is. They will be able to tell you.

I'm 21 weeks right now and didn't feel anything at all till week 15, and then it was only flutters. The kicks didn't start until week 18 or so.

Pukalani79
by Bronze Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 12:07 PM

Like everyone else says, each pregnancy is different.  You can't go by what everyone else says.  If you're worried, call you doctor and talk to them about it.

mama_heather
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 12:34 PM

Girl, this is my second pregnancy and I am 15 weeks along and haven't felt the baby at all. I was told by my Doctor that it's OK to not feel the baby move this early. But if you are concerned, call your doctor.

marisab
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 12:42 PM

depends as long as dr says its all ok its all ok other wise talk to dr

kirbymom
by Bronze Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 1:50 PM

When I was pregnant with my second baby, I rarely felt him move. In fact, he would seemingly disappear off the scales when the technicians tried to hook me up to their wires and stuff.  I had to do hold some type of device that would sned a a slight pulse theough my belly just to locate him he was so stil. And every time he was found, he was just fine. He just didn't like activity that much. You should see him today! He is 15, healthy and 360% active!  :)  If you feel worried, just ask your doctor to do an evaluation. It can take awhile before the baby moves enough to be felt or seen and its okay.  Good luck and Congratulations.  :)  

tihone77
by Bronze Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 2:01 PM

Not really.  I have been pregnant four times and with each pregnancy I felt them a little later and less often.  They were still there and okay.  I think I was just so preoccupied with siblings that I didn't really notice. 

la_bella_vita
by Gold Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 2:27 PM

I never felt mine move until about 17 weeks

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN