Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Not knowing gender and baby shower...

Posted by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 10:27 AM
  • 6 Replies

I haven't decided if I want to know the sex of my 2nd child. I know my husband does, so I told him to have the u/s tech tell him while I'm not in the room. or hoqwever they do it. I'm really hoping for a girl, but my first is a boy and times are just now getting better financially so we can deal with getting girls' clothes. We already have boys' clothes 6mo and up. I wanted to keep all the boy s clothes just in case we have a nother boy, but my husbands brother had a boy and hardly had any clothes for his son, and we gave all we have from newborn to 3-6 months. so getting clothes up til then wont be bad either. but thats now my issues sorry for dragging you on.

i'm indecisive- would you rather have a neutral shower and not know til the baby's born OR would you rather have your family surprise you and when your baby shower comes around and have them tell you by getting the gender specific items particular to the gender and let me know.

I plan on a gender neutral shower either way, and I'm leaning more towards the "Surprise, it's a girl/boy?" shower. What do you all think?

EDIT to keep me from knowing what gender of my baby is at first glance, ill write in the invite to make the packaging gender neutral. just thought of that. I don't need too much stuff for the second just clothes burp cloths basinet and some little stuff like that. that's just another reason why I'm not having an actual baby shower but more like a bbq. idk I got lots of time!! heck I'm only 13 weeks!! but it did go by really fast so far. lol
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 10:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Raeann11
by Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 10:29 AM

Do what you want. It is your shower.

armyvet06
by Ashley on Feb. 28, 2013 at 10:33 AM
I think it would be fun to have your family suprise you by buying gender related items.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 10:48 AM
I never knew the sexes of my babies. Had a shower only for my first. Plenty of things for people to buy. I would not have a shower for a 2nd, 3rd baby. Just something to announce the 2nd.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
safigueroa
by Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 12:07 PM
I'm not going to do the traditional showed. last time it was too center of attention and I do not like the all eyes on me. so this time around since I'm due Aug 31 I'm planning on having a bbq type of get together rather than more shower like that still has some hint baby shower. like little decor and some games. no favors maybe some games that don't cost a dime. we did a toilet paper game that people had ti guess how many sheets it took to wrap around my belly once and whoever guessed the closet number of sheets won. I choose a bbq for the single fact that I'm not gonna to be the center of attention through out the event just the part where I open my child's gift since theres no way around it. but hey I'm excited to open his or her first gift and see which color it is. I never heard of anyone doing that type of surprise me shower. so I think I'm gonna go with that.
Bleacheddecay
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 12:48 PM
1 mom liked this

I didn't want to know the gender on my first child but I did on my second. Both showers were great regardless.

cafemochaplease
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 12:59 PM

We've got two kids and with our first we found out, with our second we didn't. I agree with Bleacheddecay: I'm sure your shower will be meaningful no matter what you choose. Whatever you decide, blessings to you and your little one!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN