Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Please help my lil girl just told me she hates me!!!

Posted by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 11:29 PM
  • 232 Replies
1 mom liked this
I punished dd 5 for being mean to ds 1 and she screamed she hates me I sent her to her room and she screamed even louder that she hates me. I'm crying n he bathroom. Idk what to do! I know she's only five and all but my eldest NEVER has said this to me and I'm heart broken please what do I do
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 11:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
erinsmom1964
by Gold Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 11:31 PM
60 moms liked this

Stop being manipulated by your DD.  Heartbroken??  Seriously do yo really think she meant it?  I would speak to her and warm her if she ever spoke to me like that she would be punished.  Just because your angry doesn't give you the right to be mean to mommy.  

circle_of_life
by Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 11:32 PM
7 moms liked this

Oh, geez, she doesn't really hate you. Just tell her, "honey, I know you really love me, I love you too. You're just mad, but please don't say hateful things because it hurts mommys feelings" or something along those lines. Don't feel bad, she's just expressing her anger. She'll be back to loving you soon, I promise :)

PISCIS29
by Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 11:33 PM
3 moms liked this
I just never expected this from my five yr old. Ever. And yeah I am hurt. It makes me feel like I'm doing something wrong.

Quoting erinsmom1964:

Stop being manipulated by your DD.  Heartbroken??  Seriously do yo really think she meant it?  I would speak to her and warm her if she ever spoke to me like that she would be punished.  Just because your angry doesn't give you the right to be mean to mommy.  

Jamie1972
by Bronze Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 11:33 PM
9 moms liked this
After she calms down let her know that she hurt your feelings. That hate is a strong word to use. Never let her see you cry because then she will use it as a manipulative tool. Just remember shes 5 and pissed because she got punished.
imultracool
by Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 11:33 PM
21 moms liked this
She's just trying to get to you. She doesn't mean it. My DD isn't allowed to say the word hate. But she has said 'I don't love you!' I just yell "you love me so much!" It makes her so mad, its funny.
PISCIS29
by Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 11:34 PM
I know she doesn't mean it but it really hurt ugh you prob think ima cry baby but ds never pulled anything like this ever
PISCIS29
by Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 11:35 PM
Thank you all. I'm trying to calm down so she doesn't see me crying.
erinsmom1964
by Gold Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 11:37 PM
10 moms liked this

OK...I don't know what to say to this because seriously cmon now.  Doing something wrong?  Well yeah I guess you are now that you mention it your letting a 5 yr old child run you over.  You will be doing something wrong if you don't toughen up and teach her just because she is angry that doesn't mean she can run her mouth inappropriately.  I mean you gotta know she doesn't hate you she hates that you took control.  Maybe she is used to walking all over you and when she couldn't she lashed out???  IDK but your way over reacting and if you let her know her BS really affected your your going to have way more issues with her nasty mouth.

Quoting PISCIS29:

I just never expected this from my five yr old. Ever. And yeah I am hurt. It makes me feel like I'm doing something wrong.

Quoting erinsmom1964:

erinsmom1964
by Gold Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 11:39 PM

We say hate is a bad word in our house too...not allowed.   

Quoting imultracool:

She's just trying to get to you. She doesn't mean it. My DD isn't allowed to say the word hate. But she has said 'I don't love you!' I just yell "you love me so much!" It makes her so mad, its funny.

wildhorses420
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 11:53 PM
1 mom liked this

She certainly does not hate you. Don't let her see you react and when you've both calmed down explain to her that it's not a good thing for her to say. Mommies have feelings too and it's not okay to say things like that. It shouldn't take more than that. If she sees you react out of emotion, she will probably do it again. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured