Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

My Mom's gotten into witchcraft! Help!

Posted by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 1:44 PM
  • 72 Replies
1 mom liked this

So, my mom had brain surgery a few years ago. Since then she hasn't really been herself. My step dad and I don't exactly get along, just different views. Last night I noticed about 6-7 books on various witchcraft topics (cookbooks, spells, potions, wicca, tarrot, etc) ordered on my mom's and I joint amazon acct. They were shipping to her friend's house, who she has been hanging out with a lot more lately. When I asked her what her friend was getting into. She said that she has a friend who has gotten into Wicca and she's worried about her. Seemed a little odd that she would order so many books for that. Well, this morning my step dad came by and asked me to take a ride with him and talk. He said that lately he has had a really odd, uneasy feeling at his house. He said sometimes he will come home to weird smelling incense and found a book on tarrot reading. Also, every meal he has eaten in the last week has made him either vomit or have diarhea (spelling). He is convinced something evil is going on and I believe he is right. I don't condemn people who practice this but I don't believe it's good. I believe it is evil and devil work. I definitely don't want my kids over there around it and they spend quite a bit of time with my mom. Her and my step-dad have been having some problems lately and she has been wanting to leave him. I don't know much about Wicca, never cared to but now I want to know what my mom's getting into and how dangerous it can be. Any advice? Information? Thanks! I just don't know how to handle this.

by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 1:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
x_Starr_x
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 1:47 PM
11 moms liked this
your not very educated on the religion take a step back to educate yourself before you judge it it is not evil nor devil work it is actually the opposite not only that but Wicca and paganism was here way before christianity. so know some facts before you speak.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ChancesMommy07
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 1:48 PM
8 moms liked this

Research it yourself. I'm not a Wiccan but I have family members that are and there's nothing wrong with it and its certainly not evil or dangerous. You can't make a true judgement about it when you admit you don't know anything about it. And then remember that she is an adult and has the right to choose her own religious path in life, no permission needed from anyone.

huntin_mama
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 1:51 PM
1 mom liked this

I did a google search and wiccan's worship a horned devil-like god. Tarrot reading is in the bible as evil.

Rhiannon1980
by Bronze Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 1:54 PM
2 moms liked this
I am a witch, yes I practice. Like any religion you have good and bad. But we don't believe in the devil. Please educate yourself and don't make assumptions. Now as far as helping her it depends on what kind of spells she is doing. I have always gone by harm no do what you will. If she is harming she is practicing dark arts and you are correct that is not good. She could be doing good and mixing things wrong it happens. Please quit judging.
Rhiannon1980
by Bronze Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 1:55 PM
5 moms liked this
You don't know what you are talking about.

Quoting huntin_mama:

I did a google search and wiccan's worship a horned devil-like god. Tarrot reading is in the bible as evil.

x_Starr_x
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 1:55 PM
your a moron lol you googled how funny how ignorant you really are.

Quoting huntin_mama:

ChancesMommy07
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 1:56 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting huntin_mama:

So you think its sounds evil based on the the appearance of the God they worship and the fact that somewhere in your bible it says its wrong? Perhaps you should speak to someone who actually practices. You sound like you just want it to be evil because your book says so. I'm also not a Christian but I've read the book and Christianity isn't all sunlight and roses. There is actually quiet a bit of vengeance and violence in the bible.

sleepymommy87
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 1:58 PM
8 moms liked this
The Bible is one crazy horror story in my opinion.

Quoting ChancesMommy07:

Quoting huntin_mama:

So you think its sounds evil based on the the appearance of the God they worship and the fact that somewhere in your bible it says its wrong? Perhaps you should speak to someone who actually practices. You sound like you just want it to be evil because your book says so. I'm also not a Christian but I've read the book and Christianity isn't all sunlight and roses. There is actually quiet a bit of vengeance and violence in the bible.

Kaylawv2
by Kayla on Mar. 1, 2013 at 2:00 PM
2 moms liked this
Do you think she is trying to .poison him? Wicca is not evil. There are people who use wicca for evil just like any other religion. If your mom is trying to harm your stepdad she is going against everything the wiccan religion stands for.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tyrneathem
by Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 2:02 PM
4 moms liked this

I believe, if anything, your step-father is letting his ideas of what Wiccanism is get to his stomach. Basically, he is most likely bringing on his illness himself because he thinks there is evil afoot. If she has become a bit unhinged since brain surgery, there is a slight chance she is poisoning him and hidng behind the negative impression so many (wrongfully) have of Pagan religions and witchcraft.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)