Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

GASSY BABY

Posted by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 5:22 PM
  • 11 Replies

SO i've got a bubbly baby boy!  Hard to burp i do breast and bottle feeding got gerber gental stomack aslso the specail botles to reduce gas. What are some ways you"ve fund relieve your lttle ones tummy and help have a bowel movement. he"s only 3 wkks old.

by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 5:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mom2Just1
by Mom2boys on Mar. 1, 2013 at 5:51 PM
1 mom liked this

I EBF.  No formula. Avoids all gassiness.  You could try gas drops.  

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

MMerrill
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 9:49 PM

Gripe water for gas, prune juice to help a bowel movement.

wedding countdown

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

pixystix89
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 10:09 PM
1 mom liked this

I exclusively breast feed and all 4of my babies have been gassy. Push his little tummy up against your boob as you walk around and firmly rub his back & pat it. Sounds funny, I know, but works!. Also sit him upright in your lap so he's leaning forward a bit. He may resist a little but it always helps my babies to burp or poo or whatever! Just rub  his back up and down and pat pretty firmly. Good luck!

pixystix89
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 10:17 PM

Oh also... This is gross, but with a baby that new, sometimes just kinda touching their little bumhole will get things going. Wow, that sounds so weird, but seriously, when you change him, just kinda wipe there gently with the baby wipe and see if it helps stimulate his poopy reflexes. 

megandwade
by Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 10:20 PM
1 mom liked this

Gas drops. If you breast feed, watch what you eat.. alot of things you are eating can cause upset stomach for the baby. Things you wouldn't even realize!

alaskadreams
by Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 10:22 PM

I used catnip and fennel- you can find it at a health store.  AWESOME stuff.  Just a drop on your finger and pop it in LOs mouth.  Really helps

liamsmommy930
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 10:28 PM
1 mom liked this

Mine is 6 weeks and hard to burp too.  I only formula feed.  AFter each ounce...i pause.  Bounce her gently on my knee... then lean her forward putting gentle pressure on her belly and pat her back.  That does the trick.  Otherwise she SCREAMS. 

oH, and Gripe water is FABULOUS. :D  HOpe that helps and congrats!

stepconfused182
by Kelley on Mar. 2, 2013 at 10:59 PM
If you're breastfeeding, try eliminating bottles. This will reduce gas and tummy troubles!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
fitbaby
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 12:38 PM

lol ok what's gripe water? I've heard some people do sugar water.. but what's gripe water?

SewingMamaLele
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 12:41 PM
I would begin by eliminating the formula, as that is a very common cause of digestive upset. Any particular reason you are supplementing?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured