Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

just had a baby..is this normal?

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 4:38 AM
  • 11 Replies

ok so, this is going to sound like a really weird question, but i'll ask anyway. so i just had a baby 2 weeks ago and about a week ago i was changing and noticed that where his boobs are it's like a bump on both sides.  it's like he has little boobs. i thought it would just be completelt flat. i hope my description made sense.. is that normal?

by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 4:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Lindalou907
by Silver Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 5:06 AM
2 moms liked this

Yes, if I remember correctly it is, something to do with your female hormones in him, don't worry.

merinasmommy
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 5:08 AM
yes my son had that(he is 6 weeks now and its gone) its basicly where your hormones are leaving his body
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Keda84
by Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 5:10 AM
Yes my son had that
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ckapps4911
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 5:13 AM

yepp its normal...and usually by the time they flatten out they start getting fat from food so they come back cuz they are chubby....also if u think about it grown men have some fat there and women obviously do too...men have breast tissue too thats why they can get breast cancer also. and the tissue is usually there to help insulate the core of the body to keep it warm and protect it from freezing (if it ever happens to someone) its the bodys natural way to prevent any harm coming to it. its hardwired into our dna from caveman days. it goes away when kids get more mobile cuz they can help protect themselves. babies cant do that.

stepconfused182
by Kelley on Mar. 2, 2013 at 12:01 PM
Perfectly normal and expected. It's from the hormones that cause your breasts to swell and stimulate milk production. In fact, if you were to squeeze it, real breastmilk may come out. They will go away in a few weeks.
notjstasocermom
by Bronze Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 1:22 PM

yes that is normal.

imultracool
by Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 1:34 PM
Normal.
paganmommy4
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 11:46 PM

Its the left over hormones from you, it will go away soon and if not take him to his doctor

AM-BRAT
by Amber on Mar. 3, 2013 at 5:56 AM
Normal. :)
Caitlyn137
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 6:25 AM
My lil girl had that , I was like wow huge baby boobs lol . A nurse told me it was my hormones and it went away like a few weeks
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)