Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

negative tests

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 10:25 PM
  • 9 Replies
So I'm 1 month and 2 days late on period but both tests came up negative could i be pregnant
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 10:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
MommyofSCC
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 10:34 PM

You could be.  I would make an appt with a doctor and have a blood test done.

Zazayam
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 10:35 PM

I'd make a dr appt.

GracesMama2009
by Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 10:44 PM

You could wait another week and test again, if it is still negative then I would see your doc

singerpiano88
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 10:57 PM
The only symptoms i have are i can smell every thing very well that's different and missed period
DragonMother10
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 11:00 PM
A sign of pregnancy, super sensitive smell. I would go to the doctor for a blood test or at least take a different test.

Quoting singerpiano88:

The only symptoms i have are i can smell every thing very well that's different and missed period

jackiewal10
by Gold Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 11:00 PM

Are you on any kind of birth control that can mess with your period?  Like, the depo shot or even an IUD?  Being THAT late, I don't see how it hasn't shown up yet, but I guess anything is possible.

singerpiano88
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 11:04 PM
Havnt been on any birth control since August and i was on the pill my last period was January 27
Txlisa7969
by Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 11:37 PM

I am a lab tech ( I have done probably hundreds of pregnacy tests lol).  My suggestion is to wait a week if you can and test again with first morning urine.  If still negative give it another couple of weeks for your period to arrive.  Could be stressing about it is delaying it.  Most urine pregnancy tests even over the counter are extremely accurate if done properly.  First morning urine is the best because it is the most concentrated if you are pregnant with the HcG hormone.

alexis_06
by AnnaLisa on Mar. 3, 2013 at 12:36 AM

ya could be...if you really wanna know, get a blood test done. :)  hope you get the outcome you want :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN