Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

I'm tired of being a mom...

Posted by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 3:07 PM
  • 62 Replies

I'm tired of early morning feedings. I'm tired of feeding thorughout the day. I'm tired of being the only one who takes care of the child.

I cried at 5:30am because I was so stressed and tired. I even tried to wakt the dad up but he wouldn't get up. Today was supposed to be my boyfriends day off but no he's gotta go to work until at least 5:00pm. I don't like being the only one who takes care of the baby. I need someone to talk to when I get stressed like that. I wish I had some support and someone to come help me out. I wish I would have waited to have a baby until I was ready.

On top of all this I am sick. I have been sick for about a week now. I really don't want my baby to get sick but if the sick one is the only one taking care of him he just might get sick.

by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 3:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jackiewal10
by Gold Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 3:08 PM
1 mom liked this

Sorry.

lucky2Beeme
by Gold Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 3:11 PM
2 moms liked this

Hugs momma. Tonight when daddy gets home tell him you NEED 1 Hour. Go in and soak in the tub with a Tall drink and a good book. Let him handle the baby. What your feeling is pretty common for new moms. Your BF needs to understand although he works and you are home you still need his help when he gets home.

2curly
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 3:18 PM
1 mom liked this

You need to talk to your boyfriend when he gets home and tell him that you need more help.  Unfortunately as parents, we still have to take care of the kids when we get sick.  No rest for the weary.  Do you have some family or friends around that can help you get a break?

NoahsMommy10412
by Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 3:24 PM

I talked to him once before about needing help and he said he'd play with our son or help me out at least once a day since he gets home at about 8:00pm and our son goes to bed about that time. I also talked to him about it this morning and he promised he'd help. He also said he'd try to get off work earlier. I also had no idea he had to work today until this morning.

The only people I can call are my boyfriends family. My boyfriends mom actually told me if I need anything, it doesn't matter the time, I can call her. But I don't have a phone right now.

Quoting 2curly:

You need to talk to your boyfriend when he gets home and tell him that you need more help.  Unfortunately as parents, we still have to take care of the kids when we get sick.  No rest for the weary.  Do you have some family or friends around that can help you get a break?

2curly
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 3:32 PM

Can he call his mom? Maybe you can set something that she can come over and help to at least give you a break.  If possible try and get out of the house if you can when you get a break to refresh your mind.  I don't know about you, but I used to feel guilty about asking for help after I had my first kid.  I got over it.  You need to take care of yourself too or you will be no good to anyone.  

jackiewal10
by Gold Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 3:33 PM

You're home alone all the time with a baby and no phone?  That needs to change.  What if you had an emergency?

Quoting NoahsMommy10412:

I talked to him once before about needing help and he said he'd play with our son or help me out at least once a day since he gets home at about 8:00pm and our son goes to bed about that time. I also talked to him about it this morning and he promised he'd help. He also said he'd try to get off work earlier. I also had no idea he had to work today until this morning.

The only people I can call are my boyfriends family. My boyfriends mom actually told me if I need anything, it doesn't matter the time, I can call her. But I don't have a phone right now.

Quoting 2curly:

NoahsMommy10412
by Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 3:40 PM

I have a phone but it doesn't work. And when it does work my boyfriend takes it to work with him.

Quoting jackiewal10:

You're home alone all the time with a baby and no phone?  That needs to change.  What if you had an emergency?

Quoting NoahsMommy10412:

Quoting 2curly:

NoahsMommy10412
by Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 3:42 PM

I don't mind asking for help... my boyfriend does. I just don't have a phone that works to call anybody. My boyfriends mom is taking my son overnight on Tuesday though so I get a little break.

Quoting 2curly:

Can he call his mom? Maybe you can set something that she can come over and help to at least give you a break.  If possible try and get out of the house if you can when you get a break to refresh your mind.  I don't know about you, but I used to feel guilty about asking for help after I had my first kid.  I got over it.  You need to take care of yourself too or you will be no good to anyone.  

Zazayam
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 3:44 PM

How old is the baby? Do you have family that could watch him for a couple hours so you can get away? You could be dealing with postpartum depression and should talk to someone. I hope things get better for you :(

2curly
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 3:45 PM

Well that is good, that is at least something.  Thankfully she is around and willing to help.

Can you get a prepaid phone just in case of an emergency?

Quoting NoahsMommy10412:

I don't mind asking for help... my boyfriend does. I just don't have a phone that works to call anybody. My boyfriends mom is taking my son overnight on Tuesday though so I get a little break.

Quoting 2curly:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN