Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Easter Photos

Posted by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 7:51 PM
  • 11 Replies
My friend is a new comer to photography. Not to sound rude, but not someone I would pay to take professional photos. She takes great pictures but are way to edited in my opinion. Well, she asked if she could use my daughter in an Easter photo shoot. Sure not a problem! Free of charge to me, I get a copy of all pictures.

Here is my big question. My daughter is 2 1/2, hates cameras, will cry and scream if you try and take her pictures. Lol it runs in my dads side of the family, strange but true. It's going to be outside in a foot of snow and she wants her in a dress and sweater with dress shoes. I'm kinda iffy!! I was thinking a dress, sweater, tights, and her cow girl boots?!? Opinions on outfit? It got a high of 32 today! It's not for another week and could warm up a little but I don't need a freezing baby!
I don't want to just say no, but she is two!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 7:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Zazayam
by Bronze Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 8:05 PM

She's set on them being outside? I'd be set on the lil girl neing warm, personally.

Jenn8604
by Gold Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 8:07 PM
Maybe thick tights and some cowgirl boots. Find a spot mostly melted and for the freaking out just follow with the camera. less noticeable.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LindaClement
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 12:44 PM

I'd say 'no' to most of that.

Even free pictures aren't worth it, if she is really bothered by it.

If your friend can't figure out how to take the pictures without the whole 'trying to get a 2yo to act in a model shoot' rigamarole, I'd decline the offer.

Pukalani79
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 1:03 PM

If your daughter hates the camera, why put her through it?

kirbymom
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 1:16 PM

I had a little girl who was the same way. She hated pictures in every way imaginable.  If your daughter is anything like mine was at that age, I wouldn't put her through it. That will mostlike cure her of any picuter taking at all for later down the road.  It's just not worth it even for a few free pictures. 

la_bella_vita
by Gold Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 3:54 PM

No advice, bump!

marisab
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 10:20 PM

Honestly i would refuse cause shell gets sick

MamaSnaps
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 10:27 PM

Don't sweat it. As a fellow photographer you child is one we need to have some practice with working with.

It's that practice that will make her someone that you will want to spend money with down the road. 

Now as to what she'll wear on her feet in the snow? That'd be my decision. Sorry! If you don't want to do a shoot outside in the snow TELL HER. Simply say you are happy to allow her to use your daughter to practice on, but you aren't OK with the whole snow thing and would prefer something indoors. If that doesn't suit here? Well, then she can find another model and when she does have something that will work for your daughter you'll be happy to help her out then. 

alexis_06
by AnnaLisa on Mar. 6, 2013 at 2:33 AM

if my kid didnt like cameras..i wouldnt put her thru that..and i definetly wouldnt allow her to be that cold..

Caitlyn137
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 2:37 AM
Just say we are not in california soo she is wearing leggings and boots . Maybe she dosen't know her clothing options were odd for the wealther . I could totally see my aunt asking the same thing lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN