Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Q&A Giveaway! Ask the Happiness Expert and You Could WIN!!

Posted by   + Show Post

What's the #1 thing that stands between you and true happiness? Whether you're just unhappy right now or you have struggled for a long time, our expert is here to help you to be happier in your life!

ThinkAgainMom

Margaret Curley Sanborn, author of the book The Practical Guide to Happiness, will be here March 6th to offer her advice and answer your questions in this thread!

As a bonus, three moms who reply to this post to ask Margaret a question will win a copy of the book!

^Click the book to take a virtual book tour!

Please ask your questions for Margaret in the replies below. Margaret will post her answers here as well.

Welcome, Margaret, and thanks for joining us!

The Official Rules:

• The Practical Guide Giveaway starts 3/4/13 at 12pm (ET) and ends 3/20/2013 at 11pm (ET) (the "Giveaway Period").
  • Enter by replying to this post with an appropriate comment during the Giveaway Period.
  • Multiple entries are permitted and encouraged, as it increases your chances of winning.
  • Three winners will be selected in a random drawing of all eligible entries to receive a copy of The Practical Guide to Happiness: If You Don't Like How You're Feeling, Think Again.
  • The random drawing shall occur on or about 3/28/13.
  • No Purchase Necessary.
  • Open to US, DC, and PR residents 16 years and older.
  • Void where prohibited. Click here for the rest of the Official Rules.
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 12:25 PM
Replies (221-230):
maryjanelove1
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 1:17 PM
I feel that happiness is something that many search for until you can make yourself. You cannot find it anywhere else right?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mommyschrek0323
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 11:15 PM

I can't say that I am extrememly unhappy because I have my days where I can smile constantly. My children make me happy. My husband leaves alot for work maybe every other week and he's gone now for 6 weeks. At this moment I am unhappy he's gone but It could be much worse, and it would be if I wasn't pregnant and didn't have a 2 year old daughter. They help me get threw.  I would be much happier in life if my husband had a different job where he was home at night time, or was only gone a day or two. The thought of him trying to find a new job so our marriage doesn't suffer from it makes me happy.

WhoaMommy
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 7:03 AM

I don't KNOW what makes me happy. I just don't feel like doing anything! How do you find something to do that you like that genuinely makes you happy? I have all of my needs taken care of, and pretty much all of my wants also. But I am just sitting here bored to death with no clue of what to do with my time.

prissmom
by on Mar. 12, 2013 at 4:17 AM

Still trying to finish up all of the mess frojm my husband of 35 years abandoning me after stealing my mother's money and the money and home she put in trust for me.  3 years now and he is still making life a living hell.  You tell me how to deal with an egotistical man with power, lawers, judges and people who fear him preventing justice.

SirensEko
by on Mar. 14, 2013 at 3:07 AM

I would be happier if my husband and I could "truley" be on the same page with the our kids. When he works as much and the crazy hours he works, it's hard for him not to just "FIX" things... which underminds me as a stay at home mom... /sigh.. so frustrating!

abecee
by Bronze Member on Mar. 14, 2013 at 7:48 PM

Since moving to a new state several years ago I have been unable to make friends. Prior to the move I had several women who I considered close friends. I miss those  type of friendships and interactions and feel as though my lack of friendships contributes greatly to my overall unhappiness with my life. How do I change or fix this?

sonnyswoman75
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 11:38 AM
1 mom liked this
I am moving back to Memphis soon where I dont have many friends either but honestly I enjoy it better.It seems like less drama.

Quoting abecee:

Since moving to a new state several years ago I have been unable to make friends. Prior to the move I had several women who I considered close friends. I miss those  type of friendships and interactions and feel as though my lack of friendships contributes greatly to my overall unhappiness with my life. How do I change or fix this?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
25beengoodtome
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 2:34 PM

how common is it for people to not change out of their pajamas if they have NO plans to leave their home all day?

lovebuggg
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 3:14 PM

How would I get the step children to do as I ask, and not to teach the younger kids to do things that are wrong, and get them into trouble?  This is the only thing in my life that has interrupted my happiness.... I know that this is a life long problem between step kids and step Moms but I would love to have a cohesive  family and not one that seems to be two sided....

Rosebud333776
by Trish on Mar. 15, 2013 at 7:54 PM
I think i would be happier if i could "get over" my former boyfriend. and the experience of seeing him through a life vs death illness that was. very traumatic for me. How do i go about that?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured