Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Q&A Giveaway! Ask the Happiness Expert and You Could WIN!!

Posted by   + Show Post

What's the #1 thing that stands between you and true happiness? Whether you're just unhappy right now or you have struggled for a long time, our expert is here to help you to be happier in your life!

ThinkAgainMom

Margaret Curley Sanborn, author of the book The Practical Guide to Happiness, will be here March 6th to offer her advice and answer your questions in this thread!

As a bonus, three moms who reply to this post to ask Margaret a question will win a copy of the book!

^Click the book to take a virtual book tour!

Please ask your questions for Margaret in the replies below. Margaret will post her answers here as well.

Welcome, Margaret, and thanks for joining us!

The Official Rules:

• The Practical Guide Giveaway starts 3/4/13 at 12pm (ET) and ends 3/20/2013 at 11pm (ET) (the "Giveaway Period").
  • Enter by replying to this post with an appropriate comment during the Giveaway Period.
  • Multiple entries are permitted and encouraged, as it increases your chances of winning.
  • Three winners will be selected in a random drawing of all eligible entries to receive a copy of The Practical Guide to Happiness: If You Don't Like How You're Feeling, Think Again.
  • The random drawing shall occur on or about 3/28/13.
  • No Purchase Necessary.
  • Open to US, DC, and PR residents 16 years and older.
  • Void where prohibited. Click here for the rest of the Official Rules.
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 12:25 PM
Replies (31-40):
bubbbles454
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 2:47 PM

I'm usually a totally happy person until I'm around someone else who is not. How do I still show I care but stay upbeat?

demure7242
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 2:59 PM
My husband and I have always believed that happiness is as simple as a change in perception. But how do you keep yourself in a mindset to be happy to perceive everything in a positive light?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
clz0213
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 2:59 PM
I'd be happier if finances weren't constantly making my marriage a struggle. My husband stresses about our debt constantly and he can't handle stress so takes it out on me. How can i make him realize that happiness isn't measured by money? What can i do to help my marriage and bring back my day to day happiness?
LCG83
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 3:00 PM
I'm not sure what could make me happy. I mean obviously some things do, like my son and my sister. I am very grateful for them. However no matter what I have always just had this irreparable sadness that looms inside me all the time. No matter what good things happen, no matter if I am even in a good mood. There is this hurt and sadness so deep in my spirit that nothing seems to fix. I don't know what causes it. I don't know how to get rid of it. All I can do is mask it and try to ignore it. Medicines don't get rid of it, talking about it. Nothing ever gets rid of it. I can forget about my sadness from time to time, but it never leaves me.
mamavalor
by Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 3:01 PM

Is there life after death?  This question has had my hubby unhappy since he was 4 y/o and learned about death.  He will be 50 this year it has only gotten worse.

CowboysAngel02
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 3:08 PM
I would like to be able to figure out how to spend more quality time with my hubby and kids but they are so many differing ages and likes. How do I find that happy medium?
yvonne37
by Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 3:08 PM

I consider myself a pretty happy person. I feel happiness every day, maybe not all day, but in bursts that keep me going and with a positive attitude... now that said I have to be honest and say that there are times that I feel like I have not accomplished everything that my heart desires and there are days that I feel a gloom following me around which I fight off and try to keep away.  I would have two questions:

1) Am I doing the right thing by fighting those unhappy feelings?

2) Are there any steps or tips I can do to make the "happy" feelings last longer?

mommy2lexinmark
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 3:13 PM
Do endorphins truly make you more happy?
Vipergirl22
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 3:19 PM

How do I get out of my rut? I always wanted to be a chef and now that I was unable to go to school for it I haven't done anything as far as getting a career goes or going to school. I have no idea what other career path will make me happy.

paperorplastic
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 3:22 PM

Is there a happiness gene?  I have read a few things regarding this.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)