Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Q&A Giveaway! Ask the Happiness Expert and You Could WIN!!

Posted by   + Show Post

What's the #1 thing that stands between you and true happiness? Whether you're just unhappy right now or you have struggled for a long time, our expert is here to help you to be happier in your life!

ThinkAgainMom

Margaret Curley Sanborn, author of the book The Practical Guide to Happiness, will be here March 6th to offer her advice and answer your questions in this thread!

As a bonus, three moms who reply to this post to ask Margaret a question will win a copy of the book!

^Click the book to take a virtual book tour!

Please ask your questions for Margaret in the replies below. Margaret will post her answers here as well.

Welcome, Margaret, and thanks for joining us!

The Official Rules:

• The Practical Guide Giveaway starts 3/4/13 at 12pm (ET) and ends 3/20/2013 at 11pm (ET) (the "Giveaway Period").
  • Enter by replying to this post with an appropriate comment during the Giveaway Period.
  • Multiple entries are permitted and encouraged, as it increases your chances of winning.
  • Three winners will be selected in a random drawing of all eligible entries to receive a copy of The Practical Guide to Happiness: If You Don't Like How You're Feeling, Think Again.
  • The random drawing shall occur on or about 3/28/13.
  • No Purchase Necessary.
  • Open to US, DC, and PR residents 16 years and older.
  • Void where prohibited. Click here for the rest of the Official Rules.
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 12:25 PM
Replies (41-50):
Butterfly1108
by Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 3:23 PM

Hi Margaret,

The number one thing that stand in my way to happiness even though I am happy...is that my dh was married before had 2 kids with her she leaves him for someone else has his kid while still married to my dh and of course files for CS and now all his check is going to her & kids & the new kid plus her new dh she is no longer with him but now with a 3rd guy OMG I'm sorry I'm trying to tell you my life with the ex and I'm just rambling but I just wish her away I love my skids I just wish she would stop taking my dh's check even though the kids are grown now...WTF?

How can I over come this feeling and bitterness towards her, sometimes she acts like she is still married to my dh :( It's a very uncomfortable feeling what can I do my dh & I have 2 kids together I don't want us to go anywhere I just wish she would stop being such a money hungry woman. Oh and I don't get the system they treat all dads as deadbeat dads.

Sorry so long...I feel alittle better (somewhat)

PinkParadox
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 3:24 PM

I have no idea where to even start.  More money, less stress?  Less people depending on me?

Onmyown2727
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 3:25 PM

I always felt I would be happier if I did my volunteer work full time but since it's just me & my son, I'm afraid to leave where I currently am to do my true passion.  How do I get over this?

mmtosam06
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 3:36 PM
I just need to budget better that is all. Why should anything come between a person and their happiness? I am content
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ericndaimonsmom
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 3:37 PM
My biggest problem has always been lack of confidence and self worth. I never seem to be good enough for me. It is particularly difficult right now. I have recently gained a lot of weight due to a thyroid issue(weight gain is a big ole slap in the face when you already have low self esteem).
So, how do I build self worth? I have tried possitive self talk, but it has never really worked. How do I become more confident? How do I become happy with myself?
Any advice would be so appreciated.
Thank you, and God bless!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jalikym
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 3:48 PM

If I could overcome my past, I know I could be happy. How do I do this?

squirrelml
by Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 3:52 PM

At one time in my life I thought I was happy,but now that I'm older and have learned that most of my life was a lie,and my siblings have turned against me-how can I possibly forget the past and be truely happy?

squirrelml
by Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 3:55 PM

My past life and the day to day struggle of keeping a roof over my head(money)is keeping me from being happy-I dont think there's a magic cure-But if there is, how could you possibly help me find happiness?

dumples19
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 4:02 PM

My biggest obstacle to feeling happy is guilt.  I feel like I don't deserve to be happy because I don't feel like I'm a good person....I feel guilty about buying myself something that will make me happy for a bit, because I should be more thrifty, I feel guilty about exercising and taking time for myself because I should be spending more time taking care of my house/family.  I feel guilty about watching a fun movie because I'm thinking about all the productive things I should be doing, etc, etc.  

How can I banish (or at least lessen) guilt so that I can enjoy life and allow myself happiness?

shortcake35
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 4:07 PM

I would be happier if there was not such a wedge between me and my husband. I feel we do not connect anymore due to his lack of being supportive in me and helping me with things that I want done around the house and when the kids need something to help out without gripping all the time and being there for us. He is constantly for others but it comes to me and the kids, its not happening. I am to the point of no sex!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured