Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Do you have any tricks to beat bloat? What is your go-to diet plan?

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 3:32 PM
  • 7 Replies

2 Celebrity Nutritionist Tips to Flatten Your Stomach Fast

by Emily Abbate

tightening your beltOh awards season. You always have a way of reminding me of the bad that comes with being a celebrity, primarily when it comes to red carpets. Yes, the beautiful gowns and photographers seem glamorous for sure. But have you ever heard about what celebs do so they can fit in those gowns? Diet. Cleanse. Stop eating altogether. Is there anything they WON'T do for a great photo?!

Well lucky for us, celebrity nutritionist for The Biggest Loser and author of Eat to Lose, Eat to Win Rachel Beller has a few suggestions for us regular folk for how to beat the bloat in a crunch. Get this: They don't involve giving up meals. Check out her two big beat the bloat tips, here:

Her first big tip: adding dietary fiber to your diet about three weeks before a big event. She suggests mixing 2 ounces of pomegranate or unsweetened cranberry juice and water with 1 tablespoon of organic psyllium, then add a few drops of Stevia. Drink this mixture about 30 minutes before both lunch and dinner.

Her second tip? Beat the bloat by drinking fennel tea. "Fill a tea ball with fennel seeds and seep in hot water," she told Us. "It's important before and on the big day as a de-bloater."

Hey -- that all sounds simple enough right? My favorite part? Both of these tips are totally inexpensive, so really, no harm, no foul. The important thing to remember is even while taking Beller's advice, overeating isn't gonna help your cause. Make sure to keep things balanced, and like anyone trying to slim down for a specific occasion, be mindful of your diet and exercise plan.

Do you have any tricks to beat bloat? What is your go-to diet plan?

by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 3:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Pukalani79
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 4:38 PM

I dont have anything to beat bloat, but my DH and I started on the South Beach diet Jan. 16th.  We stuck to their diet for the two weeks, then just really watched what we ate, counted calories, etc.  In just under 7 weeks (and this includes one week that had two birthdays and one really bad week eating wise) we have both lost over 18 pounds.

Mom2Kenleigh05
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 4:42 PM

I take Probiotic.  Since, I've started taking that It has helped the bloating.  We also eat low-carb.  All of our breads/pastas are all wheat, rice is brown rice, no fried foods, no McDonald's.  If we go out it is a steak, salad, and veggie, or sweet potato.  My husband has gone from a size 42, to a 40  in a month.  :) His sugar has gotten stabled, and he feels healthier then ever. :)

AM-BRAT
by Amber on Mar. 4, 2013 at 5:24 PM
I eat smart and exercise. And hydrate. :)

No real formula lol.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
alnilam
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 7:55 PM

there are alot of really good cleanses out there and they really do help after that I really do try to limit things that contain yeast and then I dont have any problems at all

paganmommy4
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 8:53 PM

Im 100% pro HERBALIFE and it works.. NO cheating.. So If you want to know more please message me

ashley9603
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 8:55 PM

My problem is the harder my runs are,the more I seem to retain water.Im not always the greatest in drinking loads of water,but I find when I do I am less bloated.

1LovelyAngel
by New Member on May. 26, 2013 at 9:27 AM
Quoting alnilam:

there are alot of really good cleanses out there and they really do help after that I really do try to limit things that contain yeast and then I dont have any problems at all

would you give me some brands of good cleansers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)