Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

The express lane at the store!!

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 7:35 PM
  • 17 Replies

It is NEVER express! Today a woman was pissing everyone off. I tried to be sympathetic because she was older. She was writing a check and every few letters she would talk to the cashier about anything/nothing. The cashier was smiling politely but tensely. Finally the woman finished her check but then stood entering and calculating her checkbook! Hello?!?! There are tables just a few feet ahead could you please move?! There are not may people who still write checks. My mom still does but doesn't take very long. Plus, the express lane is for 15 items or LESS not 25 items!! I guess I am just irritated today!

by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 7:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lucky2Beeme
by Gold Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 7:37 PM
1 mom liked this

some day you might be her . you have to cut the seniors some slack.

atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 7:52 PM
Yep, no one hardly writes a check. She should use a debit card. Express should be fast.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
starfire59
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 8:33 PM
2 moms liked this

Sometimes this is their only social hour. Try having patience.

Zazayam
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 1:18 AM

I always cringe a little when I see someone pull out a check book. Aren't we past that yet? :(

But I do try to stay patient, I know I'll be old, slow and stuck in my ways one day. Plus a lot of the older people out and about don't get to talk to anyone else, so they take their time chatting with the cashiers.

luvemboth
by Silver Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 1:25 AM
I agree when you're in a hurry, it's annoying...but our grandkids will probably make fun of us and be irritated because we're still using debit cards and crave a little social interaction.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alexis_06
by AnnaLisa on Mar. 5, 2013 at 1:28 AM

i work as a cashier and yes, some older people are verrrry slow..and as much as it drives me crazy that they dont hurry along their way, i wont rush them!  I will let them stand there as long as they need to. 

Mabuka
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 1:36 AM
At our Walmart, if I happen to have to write a check, they usually stop me because all they do is run it through the machine and it prints all of the info on it anyway, and then they give you the check back. That being said, "older" women grew up when the world wasn't so busy. Maybe she just didn't get the memo that everyone has picked up the pace. ;)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lindsay4Ambit
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 2:10 AM

If she knew she was writting a check, the express lane was not the way to go. Not bashing on older ladies here, just saying she should have picked another lane. Especially if she had over the suggested number of items. You (OP) have a right to be irritated. As the EXPRESS LANE is for just that, SPEED.

elzmnsf
by Bronze Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 2:59 AM
The last time I was at an express line in a Walmart , there was this family of a bunch of kids and their parents. They had like 50 items but had them broken into lists by each person or different cards or neighbors. Seriously 7 different transactions!!! I almost had a conniption! I mean the one man had all the lists and was calling out what to put on the table, then he'd pay then they went to the next list. It took forever!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SexyTeacher
by Gold Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 5:30 AM

I KNOW I will be old and slower one day! When I was in college i worked in a grocery store and always tried to cut seniors some slack. That being said, I worked the day shift and the majority of seniors seemed to come during the day. I just got irritated today. Usually I have more patience.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN