Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Newborn baby question!!!!!

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 8:16 PM
  • 16 Replies
On average how many times a day does a formula fed baby poop??
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 8:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
atlmom2
by Platinum Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 8:25 PM
Once or twice usually.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 8:25 PM

No  clue.  How newborn are we talking?

Rhiannon1980
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 8:27 PM
Some do it once a day, some more and some every other day.
Mom2jngnc
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 8:28 PM

bump, 

MinglingMom
by Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 8:28 PM

I bf and formula feed and my 2 month old only poops once a day.

ToolArmy066
by Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 10:41 PM
Just turned a week, it's my nephew. I breastfed my son and he went frequently but I know that's because breast milk digests faster than formula. My brother is trying to figure out if he needs to switch formulas. He said he was going a lot and it was runny.

Quoting frndlyfn:

frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 10:44 PM

My dd was bf as wel but she didnt go except every 2-3 days for bms at this age.   Runny is natural for all babies since their food source is liquid.  Firmer bowel movements wont be until later.  Your brother needs to talk to the baby's doctor to determine if it is a natural thing for runny bowels at this age.  If he is going more than 6 times a day for this he definitely needs to call doctor in case there is a virus present in body.

Quoting ToolArmy066:

Just turned a week, it's my nephew. I breastfed my son and he went frequently but I know that's because breast milk digests faster than formula. My brother is trying to figure out if he needs to switch formulas. He said he was going a lot and it was runny.

Quoting frndlyfn:

Lindsay4Ambit
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 10:47 PM

DS only did a couple times a day. Sometimes only once. 

ToolArmy066
by Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 10:53 PM
That's what I figured. I'm going to over to babysitt tomorrow and I'll see exactly what's going on. It sucks because my SIL is the hospital and the baby being sick is the last thing my brother needs you know. Hopefully its just the formula because he switched it recently.

Quoting frndlyfn:

My dd was bf as wel but she didnt go except every 2-3 days for bms at this age.   Runny is natural for all babies since their food source is liquid.  Firmer bowel movements wont be until later.  Your brother needs to talk to the baby's doctor to determine if it is a natural thing for runny bowels at this age.  If he is going more than 6 times a day for this he definitely needs to call doctor in case there is a virus present in body.

Quoting ToolArmy066:

Quoting frndlyfn:

ferne3
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 11:07 PM

Even 6 poopies depends on the kid.  Both our kids had TONS of poops each day.  Freaked me out with our DD, but turns out they are just poopie kids.  Checked in with the Dr., they gained weight, weren't sick, just lots of poo.  Lucky us.

Quoting ToolArmy066:

That's what I figured. I'm going to over to babysitt tomorrow and I'll see exactly what's going on. It sucks because my SIL is the hospital and the baby being sick is the last thing my brother needs you know. Hopefully its just the formula because he switched it recently.

Quoting frndlyfn:

Quoting ToolArmy066:

Quoting frndlyfn:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured