Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Can a single mom be as good as two parents?

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 9:41 PM
  • 18 Replies
1 mom liked this

Will children always wish they had a dad around or will they never know what they're missing if he never has been? I don't think I'll ever trust anyone enough to be in a relationship but I do my best to give my son twice the love.

by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 9:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
aliciap21
by New Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 9:47 PM
Don't know to much bout that but here's a bump
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
tnmommytons
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 9:47 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes a single mom can. My mom was and she was awesome. She raised two girls on her own plus went back to school to better her self. I never cared if i had a dad or not cause all i needed was my mom. Never worry about that u are a great mom and u will love him more than enough. I applaud u and all single moms out there
aliciap21
by New Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 9:47 PM
bump
dolphingurl1286
by Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 9:49 PM
I believe a single mom can. But for me growing up I always wanted that father daughter relationship I saw my friends have. It still hurts me sometimes.
raegan1221
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 9:49 PM

I think that all depends on the parents. You can have two parents who completely ignore their children and the children grow up in a neglected and sad household. Then you can a single parent who is great with their kids. I don't think it's about a two parent household or a one parent household...it's about a loving family household. I'm a single Mom to my son, and have been since he was 3 months old. We do a lot together and he is a really happy kid.

wonderwomanT08
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 9:50 PM
I was a single mother for 10 yrs. My kids didn't know what they were missing. I made sure they had lots of people who.love them all around. Took me a long time to.date ( ex was abusive) but I found the love of my life. They.are our.there!
Cate1129
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 9:50 PM
1 mom liked this
I know some amazing, loving, hardworking single moms. They work their hardest to give their kids what they need, but the fact remains that kids do better with 2 parents. Especially with a son, seek out strong, supportive male role models for him! My dad was that much needed male influence for my nephew. I don't know what could have happened to him if my dad hadnt been around. My sister was a mess and my parents were the stability he needed. Is your dad around to be that male force in your sons life? Boys need a father figure at least. It's what teaches them to be good men.
atlmom2
by Platinum Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 9:53 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes, but doesn't mean your kids won't wish they had a Dad.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
michiganmom5150
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 9:55 PM
It kinda kills me that my ex will never be the kind of guy to take his kids to the ballpark, or teach them sports related things(sorry dude, I already did). I have coached baseball and been crazy football/soccer fan from the sidelines. He rarely even shows up. My little brother told me it's good I don't throw like a girl...lol it's hard to be mom& dad, but I know I do my best and my boys have 2 great uncles who are involved with them and 2 wonderful gpas. They will fill on where mom just can't (there are some things we just can't do). I am also dating a great guy and although I have not yet had him spend a great deal of time with them, he has helped me out a lot! I know nothing about jock straps! Lol we can do it, but with boys, it helps to have a few good men around.
moogsmom03
by Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 10:16 PM
1 mom liked this

I was raised by a single mom, my dad died when I was 18 months old and my mom was 9 mos pregnant with my little brother. I was too young to remember my dad so I never knew any different and my mom was amazing. I always kinda wished I had a dad but we had a wonderful childhood. I think it's harder on the single parent than it is the kids.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)